Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Damn Heathens is a grower. I wish it was an indicator of a new album instead of a soundtrack song, but they've totally still gotta be riding the wave of the Blurryface hype. The label probably doesn't even want a new album just quite yet.

But when they do finally start a new album, I kinda hope for something more uplifting and Vessel-like and less Blurryface.

NewSurrender and Awksome like this.
  2. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I agree I much prefer Vessel to Blurryface. Saw these guys live two months ago and their show was amazing. Holding On To You is such a jam

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Seeing them for the first time since Blurryface tonight. I'm pretty excited.
    They sold out a stadium that Beyonce played last week. That's so crazy to me.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Matt504, Liz and heymattrick like this.
  5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Such a sick video. I'm so stoked for both Red Rocks shows next month

Eric Wilson likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Will be seeing them once in August, and then again next spring. I'm so ready!

heymattrick likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Dig this poster.

[​IMG]

Matt504, heymattrick and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

'Blurryface' has surpassed one million in US sales. Huge congrats!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw these at Reading, hadn't seen them since Blurryface. The tent was SO crowded, they could have been main stage easily, and they put on one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. I don't remember the last time I came away from a performance so sweaty.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  10. Jackbo487

Regular

Been on Twenty One Pilots kick this week, having given them more of a listen than I ever had before...

The thing that really blows my mind is how Ricky Reed, a.k.a. Wallpaper, a.k.a. Eric Frederic of Facing New York/Locale AM (Bay Area represent) co-wrote and produced 8 songs on Blurryface and is a big part of how they've gotten SO huge...it's crazy in many different ways.

11. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I work with teenagers, and Twenty One Pilots are pretty popular among them, so for the past year or so I've been spinning Vessels and Blurryface, so the band has grown on me a good bit.

I'm thinking they'd be set to release another album next year, except for the fact that they're embarking on another world tour.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah tour should end in the spring, and hopefully they'll record during the summer for a fall release.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

This is likely what I'm thinking. They wrote Blurryface entirely on the road, and really only took off a couple months to record it before the new era started. They made it seem like it's their intention to do the same thing again.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah definitely hoping to get a new album from them next year. Will be my most anticipated for sure.

heymattrick likes this.
  15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Matt504 likes this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really love this cover.

Matt504 likes this.
  17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That was fantastic.

Matt504 likes this.
  18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Okay I'll be the one...I think the cover is absolutely awful.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

jesus that was unlistenable. they managed to take every ounce of emotion out of this song

20. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I totally disagree, most covers are carbon copy waste...they at least had the balls to try to give it a new twist, and did way better then I expected.

heymattrick likes this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

Honestly would take a carbon copy over this. I'm also one for letting a band do a different thing with a cover, those usually have higher highs. But this is just not a good example.

beachdude42, FTank and Benjamin Lee like this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not as bad as I expected but still not very good and unnecessary

23. Tom Lee

Regular

I'm new to them. They seem to be everywhere in the US, but less so in the UK I think. Tom from The Front Bottoms introduced me to them actually. I gave them a shot a few weeks ago when I was working Leeds Festival, I saw their live show and it blew me away. I've never seen a band crowdsurf with a drum kit before! I've been listening to Blurryface ever since, and I intend to go back through their discography at some point. I dig it.

smowashere, NewSurrender and Matt504 like this.
  24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Awful, awful cover

beachdude42, Awksome and Benjamin Lee like this.
  25. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I've been a TOP defender for awhile, and I genuinely enjoy Vessel and to a lesser degree Blurryface, but this cover is just bad. I was hopeful, I like Tyler's voice (hell, I like it more than I like Gerard Way's) and the band is only piano/keys and drums basically which is basically the original Cancer... But this sounds like they did a cover, then had that cover remixed poorly. The life an emotion is totally gone, the flow and structure of the song is so poorly done, and it's overproduced to hell.