Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Lucas27, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

I'll be that guy.

Anybody else into Twenty One Pilots as much as I am? Been listening since just before "Vessel" released and I haven't begun to get off the bandwagon. I once made the mistake on AP.net of calling these guys one of the best things that has happened to modern music and I still stand by that statement. It's been a huge pleasure seeing them get so much success.

2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

3. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I am almost ashamed to admit how much I love this band. Crazy excited to see them at MSG this summer

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I used to be a "hater" but honestly they have some pretty great tracks. Vessel and Blurryface are both solid albums.

5. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I love the albums, but I couldn't get into their live performance when I saw the blurryface performance on Palladia a few months back. Just couldn't get into watching just a drummer play 75% of the tracks and the singer randomly play a few melodies here and there on different instruments with everything else being back up and lead tracks. For sure high energy shows but I just couldn't get in to it.

6. Awksome

Regular

Love them, but I hate how crazy their fanbase is now. Imo Blurryface is their worst album.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Blurryface is okay. Love the first three albums much more though. That being said, I do have a tattoo and am planning on driving 6 hours to see them this summer.

In the most hipster way possible, it feels so weird that they are so huge.

9. I didn't like these guys too much when I first listened to them, but they've really grown on me. For me, they often walk the line between corny and clever. The S/T album is still my favorite.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  10. carina

yr royal highness

Hated them when I saw them open for Fall Out Boy, but gave Vessel a listen a few months later and ended up front and (off) center at their show in 2014. Saw them both nights in Atlanta last year, and it was fucking amazing. I hate the fanbase online, but the casual fans who think they can shove past me at shows after I waited 18 hours for my spot can eat my ass.

11. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I think Vessel and Blurryface are good. Though, some of the writing on Blurryface I'm not really a fan of. The split personality rap thing has been done so many times, that hearing them do it is weird. But, outside of the weird "Blurryface is saying this" lyrics, I think it's still mostly solid

carina likes this.
  12. Mutemath touring with them is going to make for an exhaustingly good show.

josephcissell likes this.
  13. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I just won two tickets to see their Brisbane show in two weeks. Yay

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Apparently they're releasing a new single this week, "Heathens." Pretty good.

Wonder if it's for a film or what...

15. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Didn't expect them to release something so soon. Sounds interesting though.

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I heard its from the Suicide Squad Soundtrack.
    Single leaked, Its really good

17. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I kind of like the song, different for them. Not my favorite though.

18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, that makes so much sense.

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So awesome. Can't wait for the release. Very awesome surprise.

20. Liz

Ew, David

I really love the new song--probably my favorite thing they've ever done

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Here's a link to the new song which will probably be deleted soon. All the Soundcloud leaks were already taken down

I think the song is okay but nowhere near as good as the rest of their stuff

Awksome likes this.
  22. I dig it. Super catchy.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really like it. Hoping for an official video to go along with it, and not just a lyric video later on.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

"Heathens" is officially up on Spotify now for those that use it. I definitely dig the track.

TOP is one of my favorite bands. I've seen them 10 times, including this month in Chicago. Six more shows for me on the current Emotional Roadshow tour. Can't wait!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  25. Lucas27

Trusted

Another winner from these guys. Didn't expect this but seriously dig it.