Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots - Tour De Columbus Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Mar 27, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

The Basement: 300 Capacity
    Newport Music Hall: 1700 Capacity
    Express Live!: 5200 Capacity

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very cool to see a band their size doing shows like this. I'm going to definitely try and get tickets for The Newport or Express Live show.

Emokid79 likes this.
  3. Emokid79

Regular

i'm going to try for Express Live.

4. Emokid79

Regular

This is very cool of them. I hope that they pull a Dashboard Confessional and get locals to play. That would be really cool.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Pretty cool of them to do this especially in their home state. That being said, they don't strike me as a band I would need to see in a small club.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm down for that one too

7. TMS2787

Trusted

City*

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the way they're doing it is really cool but I don't like the idea of a selected few random people only getting the code.

10. Blink183

Metallica did this for their NYC show last year. It sucked but honestly I totally get the reasoning for it.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah makes total sense, I'm hoping I get one

12. SPine

Trusted

Seeing them at Express Live a few years ago was incredible but I want to go to the Newport or Basement shows. I would have gotten the chance if I went OSU

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've seen Twenty One Pilots seven times, and they've all been small shows with the exception of seeing them at LC (outdoor) in 2013. Other than that, they've been at HOB Cleveland, Musica (Akron), The Grog Shop (CLE), Newport and LC (indoor). I've yet to see them in any of their arena tours.

I registered but am pretty much expecting not to get selected. I put down all three shows (Newport 1, LC 2 and Basement 3).

The funny thing about these shows is, no one will really know each other because no one can buy more than one ticket.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would definitely make the trip out to one of these if it was on a weekend, but I suppose the point of doing it on a weekday was probably to make sure it's actually mostly locals who get to go, so that's really cool of them. Always have to respect when artists do special things like this for their hometowns.

Emokid79 likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That's a good point. Wouldn't surprise me if they only text 614 (area code) numbers to keep it just Columbus fans.

mattfreaksmeout and Emokid79 like this.
  16. TMS2787

Trusted

My girlfriend is a huge fan of Ed Sheeran and when his tour was going on this sale, this is how they handled it. I'm pretty sure this is a Ticketmaster program type thing because I saw someone else say Metallica did it for their upcoming tour. She registered for multiple shows because I told her we'd go to as many as we could, none of which does she have the area code for that city but she got codes for them. More than once in fact. Granted, this is a 300-5000 cap veneus versus 11-20K. What I'm really getting at here is this: I hope this is what it seems and it does let fans get the best seats. But with it being a Ticketmaster service I'm skeptical. Best of luck to both of you @JaytotheGee and @ncarrab, I hope you guys get in!

17. TMS2787

Trusted

BUT you areā€¦ fairly local huhuhuh yeah? Okay, terrible joke. Moving on.

Jerihoar and ncarrab like this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks!

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

future islands is doing a similar thing for the small cap baltimore show, doing random lottery for ticket purchases

20. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I'd kill to see them in The Basement. Glad to live in Ohio. Hopefully that deters some people from entering but I doubt it.

Emokid79 likes this.
  21. Emokid79

Regular

I put the basement as my first choice.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  22. SPine

Trusted

Wonder if they'll add a Nationwide/ Schott date for Friday of that week

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's what I'm thinking

SPine likes this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I could see that...with an announcement that says 'to all the people who missed out on the smaller shows, you're in luck...'

smowashere and SPine like this.
  25. SPine

Trusted

Do not expect to get a text here in a few minutes...