Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots - The Bandito Tour 2018-2019 Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Jul 11, 2018.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

It was much better than the ones they had on the 2017 leg of ERS. This one seemed to fit and it was mixed with the cryo jets so it wasn’t as alarming. But glad I was able to let you know. I wish they’d do away with them, or at least use actual fireworks. I don’t get the concussion bangs.

2. SPine

Trusted

I caved and looked at the setlist. Bummed at some of the choices. How are they not playing Chlorine ???

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I haven't looked at the setlist yet, but I'm bummed that everyone seems kind of disappointed by it. My goal is to not look at it before Tuesday.

That said, it's pretty normal for bands to add in a few more songs after the first few shows. Especially leaving off newer songs at the start of tours until they get more time to rehearse them live.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I really loved the setlist, and thought the show last night was incredible. There was definitely an energy in that arena that I haven't felt at any other show before. So glad that they're back.

heymattrick likes this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Also anyone know what music was playing in between the sets yesterday? Ha really enjoyed the chill piano music.

6. AMusial625

Regular

I’m going tonight. Anyone see any good Merch last night? How much were T-shirts etc...

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

One of my friends said it was music from season 2 of Fortnite. The music immediately before TOP is a remix of sounds from Heavydirtysoul

Eric Wilson likes this.
  9. heymattrick

Sending my love

I’m not sure if disappointed is the right word. I was initially underwhelmed after leaving the show, but now that I’ve had some time to think about it, it was pretty good. It was honestly just like 3 song swaps away for being perfect for me. I saw 10 songs live for the first time yesterday so I have no reason to complain really.

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I would not expect major setlist changes given the complexity of the production and accompanying visuals.

mattfreaksmeout and heymattrick like this.
  11. AMusial625

Regular

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome thanks! Going to have to look into this.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

There were some big changes between the European and 2nd US legs of the last tour (about 4 song changes/swaps) so I’d anticipate the same, potentially between the Australian and Europe legs. It makes sense they’re holding onto some of the additional Trench songs since the album just came out. Chlorine is one of the most popular on the album and Smithereens is advertised as a potential future single on the packaging, so both are likely to show up sometime next year.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I don't think it's going to change for this leg of the North American dates. They're also a band that's super focused on their live show and have been away from touring a while, so I don't think they're going to want to just tweak the show as they go.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

Yeah I wouldn't say until at least the start of next year. Then again, the Bandito Tour ends (for now) in June, after which I presume they'll play festivals and then launch a different tour altogether either end of next year or 2020. So they'll want to save songs for then too.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I'm kind of wondering if they'll tour as much on this album as the last one. I wouldn't be surprised for a fall 2020 album.

heymattrick likes this.
  17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Now that I've had almost a day to reflect on it, this show was pretty amazing. I think I was just so overwhelmed by being there that I wasn't able to take it all in. And I was probably just getting hung up on the setlist.

Here's my thoughts. Spoilers below (I'm not gonna tag em because if you're reading this thread I think spoilers are expected)

-Jumpsuit & Levitate are a perfect opener. The whole intro with Josh appearing on stage with a torch, followed by Tyler rising from beneath the stage on top of a burning car, was such an epic start to this show. I was surprised at the lack of video during the first two songs, it was mostly lights and fire.

-The magic trick from Hometown was re-done with Fairly Local. I totally fell for it though. Tyler, still in ski mask, was on a levitating platform for most of the song, and then when it came down, he fell backwards (like the death drop from Heavydirtysoul) into a trapdoor and then reappeared in the reserved seating. It was pretty sweet.

-There's a fun little video before Stressed Out with the red beanie floating through the streets. It then came down from the ceiling and Tyler put it on before the song started.

-The three "uke songs" of We Don't Believe What's On TV, The Judge, and Lane Boy was the section that threw things off course for me. It was pretty much identical to Emotional Roadshow (aside from the levitating drum platform). There was just a huge gap of Trench songs during this time until Nico shows up.

-They didn't do the handshake during Nico like they did at the London show. But there's a huge catwalk that lowers down from the ceiling, and during the rap, Tyler walks over the crowd and to the B-stage.

-TAXI CAB. I can't believe I got to see it live. This one was special.

-The production for the B-stage was insane. There's a huge box screen that lowers around it, and projectors shine video onto it. There's also these light chandelier things. Neon Gravestones was one I kinda had hoped would be skipped, but along with Bandito and Pet Cheetah all on the B-stage, this was a fun section. They went back to the mainstage before/during the Pet Cheetah rap.

-The Iris Goo Goo Dolls cover was amazing. The crowd loved Hey Jude (I though it was too long)

-Skeleton hoodies were back for My Blood. Tyler split the crowd in two and gave them singing parts for the bridge. It was fantastic.

-Morph was great, I'm surprised it was so late in the set. Tyler messed up the 2nd verse lyrics (repeated 1st verse instead) and messed up the timing of the chorus. Tyler did a stripped piano chorus after the bridge, and then they did the drum island starting with the "Not done...Josh Dun part". Really cool!

-Leave the City was a pretty even swap with Goner (the production & video backdrop was kinda similar). After the line "In Trench, I'm not alone", the crowd started cheering. It was amazing and very emotional. All of the DEMA/Trench imagery was displayed on the screen during the last part, and then right at the end of the song, it faded into images of sketches and storyboards from Tyler's desk. What a cool moment.

-The lighting platforms spelled out a giant |-/ logo in lights right before the finale in Trees and it flashed back and forth between yellow and blue/red. Awesome little touch at the end right before the yellow confetti!

I can't wait to see the show again to pick up on all of the additional little details they sprinkled throughout. There was less video content overall than on Emotional Roadshow, but the lighting was 10x more insane, and the addition of levitating platforms for Josh and Tyler on the mainstage, the car, the catwalk from mainstage to B-stage that lowered from the ceiling, and the additional B-stage production added so much to the show.

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  18. heymattrick

Sending my love

FYI I was just watching a clip of Jumpsuit from tonight in Chicago and it seemed there was another bang at the start of the last heavy part (after the Cover MEEEEE scream). That wasn’t there last night. So there may be others

19. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Thank you for the heads up! Just searched Instagram and found it.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yes there was one there, and then also there was a quieter one during Fairly Local, but I did notice it.

21. mattfreaksmeout Oct 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2018)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This show was amazing! They really stepped up the production and it was so fun. I’m so happy this band has the budget to make the show they really want because they execute it so well. There was always something interesting happening.

The Trench songs sounded fantastic live, and I can’t wait to see more of them in the future. I was a little skeptical about why they included We Don’t Believe What’s On TV was on the set list, but I kind of forgot about how that’s a big crowd participation song, and it was a ton of fun. I ended up having no problem with the set list, and I’ve even been sold on Pet Cheetah now.

I also agree about the energy in the room, it was definitely something special, and I loved how many people were dressed for Trench. I felt so left out I didn’t have anything. I gotta get a bandana or wear the yellow tape at least next time.

Eric Wilson and heymattrick like this.
  22. heymattrick

Sending my love

In Nashville I hardly saw ANY Blurryface era merch. Like everybody got a memo that it was Trench season and only yellow was acceptable. I think I saw less than 10 older pieces of merch. The participation with People decking themselves out with yellow duct tape and etc was so cool to see.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. chris_williams67

Regular

I really hope they play Boston Calling next year, reading all this makes me so excited if they do play it

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

My comment was in response to someone saying it's not uncommon for bands to add songs as a current tour goes on. Not bands of this size with production like this.

heymattrick likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea that’s what was crazy like this album hasn’t been out two weeks but everywhere I looked people were decked out for it. Pretty cool to see