Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots - The Bandito Tour 2018-2019 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Jul 11, 2018.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I imagine the crowd at a TOP show on Halloween will be borderline unbearable but I'm still super excited for this

2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

So, how many openers are we expecting? And how big?

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Literally doesn't matter who opens, since the tour is sold out. Support acts are redefined in a situation like this.

4. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

True, but to be pedantic, the tour hasn't sold out yet.

St. Paul, Milwaukee , Miami, Portland, Seattle, Boise, Lincoln and Kansas City still all have face value tickets available (or in Milwaukee's case, a singular ticket). In fact, Portland, Boise, Lincoln and KC still have a few pairs.

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Those are almost all Platinum Tickets or "premium" seats, not face value. The official site lists everything but Tacoma and Lincoln as sold out now. For example, I just tried searching for tickets to Kansas City on AXS and the only thing left are "AXS Premium" which are definitely not the standard pricing.

They generally have 2 openers at all their US shows which has been standard for as many tours back as I can remember. Both legs of ERS were in the "practically sold out" state long before the openers were announced. 1st leg was Mutemath and Chef'Special, 2nd leg was Jon Bellion and Judah & the Lion. Both pairs of openers were amazing, so I hope this next leg solidifies two new favorites for me.

6. ccsc918

existing

I would be shocked if vesperteen isn’t one of the openers

heymattrick likes this.
  7. heymattrick

I’d enjoy that. I dig Vesperteen quite a bit. I honestly don’t think they will be but if you’re right I’ll be happy.

ccsc918 likes this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Nah, face value (non-premium) tickets are still available if you change your search filters from a quantity of 2 to a quantity of 1.

(But you're right, the Kansas City AXS site is weird)

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’d be cool with no opener but that’d be very unlikely.

10. ccsc918

existing

Openers will be announce within the next week or so

11. heymattrick

I’ve been told that Judah & the Lion will be a support act again. It doesn’t make a ton of sense to me since they were on Emotional Roadshow too but they became a huge favorite of mine after seeing them on that tour, so I wouldn’t mind. I was told this was accurate, I’m somewhat skeptical but thought I’d throw this out there in case I’m right.

I’d love to see Half Alive on this tour too.

highdive likes this.
  12. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Put Halfnoise on this since Paramore is taking a break.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. ccsc918

existing

I heard the same exact thing

heymattrick likes this.
  14. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Ugh...that band is atrocious. They seem like nice guys and all but I've had to endure a few opening sets with them which include an awful cover of "Mr Brightside" and a tired ironic T-Pain cover which is just insufferable.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I have no plans to go into arena before TOP anyway.

16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Oh yeah, I forgot this was an arena show, so there's no problem with bad openers. You can just go out into the lobby and eat or mess around on your phone. (Unless you have GA in which case RIP)

Just nothing's more awkward than awkwardly standing around trying to keep a spot but secretly just going insane about how much you hate the monotony of the music (even if it's not that bad).

17. ccsc918

existing

I'm camping out GA for my date so I can be the front or first few rows so RIP haha

18. heymattrick

Wow...you guys remember when TOP was an opening band just a few years ago? People were talking through their set, showed up late, etc. I don’t get it. Plus TOP often has pretty great openers.

19. heymattrick

Dang, sorry you feel that way. I’ve become a huge fan of them since Emotional Roadshow and have seen them headline several times. I think their Mr Brightside cover is great, and the T Pain cover (which is only like 45 seconds long) is clearly meant to be a joke/show that they don’t take themselves too seriously. Their performance style is very reminiscent of TOP, in my opinion.

20. ncarrab Sep 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 5, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I mean, every concert I've ever been to in my life, I at least check out the openers music online beforehand (if I don't know them or haven't heard them) and if I like it, I'll go check them out. Some of my favorite bands now are because I checked them out as openers before the headliner I was going to see (Manchester Orchestra in 2007 opening for Brand New, Front Bottoms in 2012 opening for Bad Books, Jimmy Eat World opening for Weezer in 01) but honestly 9 times out of 10 I have no interest. Especially when going to shows alone (which I'll be doing for TOP and have GA tix) I'd rather not stand around for an extra hour or so for a band that I don't care for when I don't have to. Plus, with kids and stuff, it's nice to leave the house a lot later in the evening.

As far as TOP opening, I saw them open for Walk the Moon and Neon Trees back in 2012. Went just for TOP then left before Walk the Moon and Neon Trees. But it was in Cleveland, so pretty much everyone was there for TOP so there was no talking or arriving late.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

22. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Openers ever officially announced?

23. heymattrick

Not yet. In the past they’ve usually announced it about two months out, but then again they usually announce their tours farther in advance. This one came pretty quick. I’ve got to imagine it will be sometime before the end of September (not that they need to sell any more tickets for this tour)

24. heymattrick

Sorry to ping anyone's thread notifications and make you think the openers got announced. Still waiting!

Pretty excited that I just bought tickets to the 3rd show that got added for Wembley next year. Taking my first international trip in March and going to see that show! And hopefully either one of the other nights at Wembley, or the show in Paris as I'll be visiting both London and Paris on my trip. Insanely excited to go to Europe for the first time, and to see one of my favorite bands!

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

ccsc918 and heymattrick like this.