Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots - The Bandito Tour 2018-2019 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by heymattrick, Jul 11, 2018.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Their Instagram story says more details on the tour tomorrow

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, these shows will sell out with no problem and quickly too. There’s a reason they’re doing the Fan Verified route. They wouldn’t do that if they thought they’d have trouble selling tickets. They’re absolutely one of the biggest bands touring. Are they bigger than Kanye or Jay Z? Probably not but those tours don’t sell well. Cleveland practically had to give away tickets at The Q when those two came here. TOP w/o question will sell out The Q in a day (mostly bc it’s more regional, but still, that’s 20k people).

I genuinely like and care about this band, but have also been seeing them since 2011, mostly in dive bars, hole in the wall places. I actually haven’t seen them since right around Vessel came out but that’s mostly due to the other times they’ve come the show sold out INSTANTLY or I had other plans.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

5SOS and Halsey did fan verified too, and those tours are having a TOUGH time selling tix

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Also another thing, Panic! at the Disco sold the majority of the tickets to the United Center (same venue TOP is playing) right away, so if they're doing that, twenty one pilots definitely is.

GrantCloud and heymattrick like this.
  5. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m thinking these tickets will go fast sadly I myself in trouble and because of that it’s making me skip Panic and probably this because of money having to go to getting me out of trouble instead of concerts

6. Rosie Moraine

this is the dream honestly

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I can’t speak to that tour because I literally know nothing about either artist. But I think you’re severely underestimating how crazy the TOP fan base is.

8. emlantzy

Regular

5SOS fell off A LOT in the 3 years they took between their 2nd & 3rd albums not to mention a genre switch, I'm not surprised it isn't selling well. As for Halsey, I know she's toured a ton since she released her past album and this current tour is a weird market, people I know that like her aren't making an effort to go see her this time because they've already seen her a bunch on this album cycle.

9. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i haven’t been able to catch halsey on either of these touring cycles it makes me so sad

bkaeser93 likes this.
  10. BackwardsDuck

kcauQ

I'm calling it MCR/TOP tour next Summer

heymattrick likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t doubt MCR ever touring again but it’d be HIGHLY doubtful it’d be with TOP

12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I can’t stand their music, but having a sister who is OBSESSED with them, I can tell ya that this tour will COMPLETELY if not 80% sell out.

Not only does their massive following play a huge role, but since they haven’t toured in over a year, the demand is gonna be extremely high.

If the tour doesn’t sell out, then at the The very least, most of the venues will be 85% full

13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

#IssaJoke

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

Uhhhh if MCR and TOP toured together I would actually die. Pretty much my 2 all time favorites. I would have to quit my job and attend every show. That’s too much headliner power in one show though.

emlantzy likes this.
  15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I could easily see MCR and TOP do a co-headlining stadium tour. No openers. Screw that.

heymattrick likes this.
  16. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Never heard of Fan Verified - what makes that so difficult to sell on?

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

It's a Ticketmaster program used for events that are expected to be in high demand or have a limited number of good seats.

You need to put in your contact info about a week beforw the public ticket sale date. Then they (supposedly) run a complex algorithm to make sure you're not a bot, and if you're "chosen" they send you a code a few days before the public onsale date. This code only works with the Ticketmaster account connected to your email, and has a maximum quantity of 4 tickets.

It's supposed to take the stress out of ticket-buying for "real fans" but a lot of people say their codes don't work, tickets appear to be sold out when they're not or they don't get them and it just turns out to be a big mess.

18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I really want to try and take my sister to this. I took her to the last Tour de Columbus date last year and I've never seen her so happy.

re: the conversation happening in this thread about their selling power, please remember that teenage girls and young woman are often the strongest buying power. They are passionate (not crazy) and will support the things they love with all their hearts. This tour will sell great and it will be because of that.

19. SPine

Trusted

I'd bet Cleveland will sell out instantly

20. heymattrick

Sending my love

I don’t understand the hate for Verified Fan. People need to understand that for a 15,000 seat venue, the demand for tickets far exceeds 15,000 people. The show sells out and a real fan doesn’t get tickets, so they blame Ticketmaster. Over 100,000 people registered on Verified Fan for the five Tour de Columbus shows where roughly 45,000 tickets were available. Of course the other 55,000+ that registered but didn’t get tickets are going to be upset - but it’s not TM’s fault.

I’ve almost always gotten a code for Verified Fan, except for Paramores current Tour. I got “waitlisted”. But I was still able to get tickets during the venue presale.

This is a shorter tour for them (in the US at least). There’s like 26 US dates for now. This fan base obsessively follows this band around the country on tour.

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’d be stoked for lovelytheband if they get on this. May try and hit the portland show.

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think this is my favorite. Every event people say “was on at 10:01 and it was sold out”. No, it wasn’t. Everyone is looking at tickets at the same time as you. For the big events, more people are searching than the number of tickets available. Most won’t buy them and they get re-released into the search. Most big events, I don’t end up getting the tickets I want until 30 minutes or so into the on-sale. You just have to keep searching. I swear people search once, assume it’s sold out, and give up. I think that works in my favor though.

23. zachmacD

Trusted

yep, this is true for a lot of shows. Twice I went to buy tickets to see Brand New and it was sold out instantly. I just kept refreshing the page and was able to get tickets both times. You just have to be persistent

heymattrick likes this.
  24. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Have to keep in mind that even in a 15,000 seat arena, 15,000 tickets aren't full the general public. Plenty are put aside for various presales, credit card deals, brokers, guestlists, etc. Madison Square Garden in NYC is the worst culprit of this with so many corporate hands in the seat pool there's probably less than 50% available to the general public.

25. heymattrick

Sending my love

Very true. That’s definitrly an unfortunate aspect of the ticket game. All the more reason for something like Verified Fan to help get what is available into fans hands. Doesn’t mean scalpers still can’t get tickets but it does slow them down.