Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots / Jon Bellion / Judah & The Lion Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, May 9, 2016.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

I've seen them in a few smaller places but these guys were meant to play shows of this size. They always took command of the stage and filled the entire room they were in, no matter the size. They still do a lot of the same things they have for several albums now, and the structure of their show is still pretty similar. Josh has played drums over the crowd before, they used to do the B-stage in the middle of the crowd and play medleys of older songs, Tyler still goes into the crowd during Holding On To You. Those things just come across as even grander in the arena setting. They added some over the top stuff for this tour, like a disappearing magic act where Tyler appears on the upper level of the arena, as well as running over the crowd in a big inflatable hamster ball. But they still pull it off so well.

I can't imagine these guys are going to be going back to smaller venues anytime soon. I think they'll be filling arenas for several more years just based on live reputation alone, regardless if their next album has the commercial success or not.

2. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I'm right there with you @heymattrick - they get so much hate here but I unapologetically love this band.

I was at MSG night one the first leg of tour and Barclays the second (and SNL in between!!!). For both shows I camped out and I couldn't be more proud of how far this band has come. In the meantime, I'm anxiously awaiting new music!

heymattrick likes this.