Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

twenty one pilots / Jon Bellion / Judah & The Lion Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, May 9, 2016.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Jon Bellion himself has said he's one of the openers, but nothing directly from the band yet. Since this is largely a B-market tour and hasn't sold out yet, I'm thinking the direct support could be a bigger name. Then again, I thought Mutemath was too big to open this last leg (I'm so happy they did!)

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Jon Bellion officially announced, seems like he's the only opener.

3. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm okay with only one opener, but it will be hard to top Chef'Special and Mutemath. Going to at least 3 shows on this upcoming leg so will have to dive into Jon Bellion soon.

4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened to him, so will have to check out his music as well.

heymattrick likes this.
  5. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

He's a pretty decent name, recently he's been doing pretty well. Just did 2 sold out nights at Webster Hall in NYC, with a new tour announced for the fall that's selling pretty well, going to larger (1500-3000) clubs

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Just the U.S. dates from 1/17 to 3/05.

7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

his whole first round of the tour completely sold out. i would expect the second round to do the same

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Lots of people buzzing about him but literally had never heard of him until TOP fans started talking about the potential of him opening this tour. Surprised he's this big apparently

Is this how people feel about Twenty One Pilots?? Haha

9. jordanjohnson09

Regular

he only has 1 studio album which was just released a couple months ago. several mixtapes before then so he's been flying under the radar and still has a pretty impressive following.

10. meggers

Trusted

Jon's live show is amazing. If you're able to catch him on his tour this fall/winter I highly suggest it. I became even more of a fan after seeing him over the summer.

11. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I wonder if he'll break out Zedd's "Beautiful Now"?

fbrrocks likes this.
  12. jordanjohnson09

Regular

judah and the lion announced as another opener. i'm so excited for this!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  13. jordanjohnson09

Regular

kidinthebushes likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I saw them open for Mat Kearney and they were pretty awesome. Excited about all the exposure that they will get from this tour.

15. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Fairly Local Intro / HeavyDirtySoul (pyro at very end)
    Migraine
    Hometown
    Message Man / Polarize mashup
    Heathens
    House of Gold / We Don't Believe What's On TV
    Screen / The Judge Mashup
    Lane Boy
    -----B Stage----
    Ode To Sleep
    Addict With a Pen / Cancer (in full)
    -----------------
    Drum Off
    Holding on to You
    Covers (I get knocked down, No Diggity, Where Is The Love, jump around)
    Ride
    Stressed Out (bang at end)
    Guns for Hands
    Tear in my Heart
    Car Radio
    Goner
    Trees

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Excited about that "Where is the Love" cover.

18. Xenocide

The Czar

Show was great. I recorded some videos if anyone is interested, but I was at the back of the arena.

redwing91007 likes this.
  19. polyfilla

who can never be sure

SCREEN

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

I went to 10 shows total on this tour. They are still by far the best live show I have seen, and I've been to over 200 concerts in my life. I know the hate for TOP is strong on this site, but damn it, I'm so proud to be a fan of this band right now and to have seen them grow from the opening band I saw once that nobody cared about, to a tour like this is mind-blowing. I can't wait to see where they go from here.

Also have to shout out the opening bands from both legs of this tour, which I am also now huge fans of all - Chef'Special, Mute Math, Judah & the Lion, and Jon Bellion.

22. kidinthebushes Mar 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

Ten shows? How is that even possible?!

23. heymattrick

Sending my love

To be clear that's for the entire tour that started last May not just this leg. I don't disagree that it's ridiculous though. I'm lucky to travel work work so paired a couple with work trips and used reward miles & points for the other trips.

6/5/16 - Chicago, IL
    7/10/16 - Kansas City, MO
    7/12/16 - Red Rocks, CO
    7/13/16 - Red Rocks, CO

1/20/17 - Brooklyn, NY
    1/21/17 - Newark, NJ
    2/18/17 - Las Vegas, NV
    2/22/17 - Dallas, TX
    3/3/17 - Little Rock, AR
    3/4/17 - Memphis, TN

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've still yet to see them on a large arena tour. The Cleveland date of this tour was the same night as a Cavs NBA Finals game in June, so I was at that instead. They played a somewhat large outdoor show in Cleveland in 2014 (5,000 cap) but it was 3 days after my son was born. Couldn't swing it.

That said, I saw them 9 times between 2011 and 2013 but the only large shows I saw them play were their hometown shows in Columbus (An indoor show of 2,500 and an outdoor show of 5,000). All the other times I saw them play, were in small clubs within the Cleveland area with 250-500 cap. They blew me away every time I've seen them. To this day, it's wild to think they're on an arena tour and how successful they've become and how that once small show could translate to 15-20K people, especially just because it's the 2 of them.

I'm really happy for these guys.

25. SPine

Trusted

I started listening to them in 2011 when Regional at Best came out. I went to OU and they played in Athens twice my freshman year, once at a small outdoor festival and one time for free at a bar. I didn't go to either because none of my friends knew who they were and that was before I started going to shows by myself. Still kick myself today for not going to those shows. I finally got to see them in 2013 at House of Blues in Cleveland and it's been awesome to see them blow up to where they are now... Even though I will forever love Vessel more than Blurryface.