Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots - Clancy (May 24, 2024)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ncarrab, Feb 29, 2024.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pre-orders are live: Twenty One Pilots - Official Store

[​IMG]

TRACKLIST:
    1. OVERCOMPENSATE
    2. NEXT SEMESTER
    3. BACKSLIDE
    4. MIDWEST INDIGO
    5. ROUTINES IN THE NIGHT
    6. VIGNETTE
    7. THE CRAVING (JENNA’S VERSION)
    8. LAVISH
    9. NAVIGATING
    10. SNAP BACK
    11. OLDIES STATION
    12. AT THE RISK OF FEELING DUMB
    13. PALADIN STRAIT

Onlyadirector and ragnarokstar like this.
  2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Let's goooooo

3. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

The lore pulled me in here

dustman likes this.
  4. ccsc918

existing

i hope we get that tour announcement soon!

5. Gianni

Trusted

Really really stoked for this one. I was admittedly a 'hater' of this band even up through the Blurryface era.

Trench converted me, and I've since grown to love all of their stuff.

macbethfan and Onlyadirector like this.
  6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Excited and hope it gets weird

7. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Interesting that the leaked tracklist was correct but out of order and missing Vignette, which I'm assuming is an interlude.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Really interested to see what kind of venues they're going to be playing. I'm not sure they're still an arena act, but they're kind of in that weird spot where they are still probably big enough to fill out any other size smaller than an arena.

Their last show in Cleveland in 2022, which is probably their biggest draw outside of Columbus, wasn't even close to a sell out in the arena. There were sections in the upper level that were closed off and a ton of empty seats elsewhere (sold it out easily in 2018).

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I dig the instrumentals but his rapping really gives me, as the kids say, the "ick".

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Lucas27

Trusted

This is great. I think the rapping is his strongest since Levitate.

Onlyadirector and Gianni like this.
  12. I'm just coming here to say that I love that musicians seem to be gravitating towards the deluxe CD coming with a journal with lyrics, talking about the album, pictures, etc. It's like when CDs used to come with a documentary DVD. I'm into it. I hope this becomes a real trend.

13. ccsc918

existing

this is their best single since jumpsuit, im obsessed

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I ordered the exclusive splatter vinyl

15. balloon.pilot

Regular

love this

dustman likes this.
  16. Onlyadirector Feb 29, 2024
    (Last edited: Feb 29, 2024)
    Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Everything I've wanted out of a follow up to Trench. Superb production as always. Fuck yeah!

dp619, macbethfan and heymattrick like this.
  17. dustman

Newbie Supporter

Yeah, this is dope. Feels very Trench to me. Super into it!

Gianni likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Def hope this is more Trench than Scaled. Loved like three songs on the last album and the rest bored me to death pretty much

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They've never put out a bad album.

Not even close, imo.

20. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Best move would be summer amphitheaters with strong support. You can shit the bed sales-wise in those places and easily paper/move people up from the lawn more easily than arenas.

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

Would be interesting, they’ve never done an amphitheater tour. They had like 5 or so amphitheater shows on the first leg of Emotional Roadshow but have done pretty much exclusively arenas since then (Takeover Tour format excluded). I think they love arenas and the production capabilities so I think they’ll continue. Icy Tour didn’t do *as* well as previous tours but so many artists have made a leap to arenas anyway that it’s probably the right size fit for them even if they are only 75-80% full

22. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Yeah, I imagine their production and show is better suited for arenas. If they get strong support, I can't imagine it'll be a problem.

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Dig this!

24. dp619

Regular Supporter

Overcompensate is a banger! lets gooo

Gianni likes this.
  25. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

I know they can get a lot of hate and oftentimes I put them in the same basket as an Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, radio specific type of genre.....however - one thing I will never take away from them is how committed they are to each album's visuals, story, etc. They are one of the best bands making music today in terms of that which is why I will always pay attention to each album - especially the launch of it. Most time there only ends up being 2-3 songs that I would ever go back to - but they seem like such genuine dudes giving it their all which I respect.