Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Twenty One Pilots Announce Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. KneeDeepPow

Holy crap, these are some TINY venues for the band, mixed in with some arena shows. Reminds me of when Blink 182 played SOMA in San Diego a few years ago.

Brent likes this.
  3. heymattrick

Sending my love

This is such a cool idea. Denver is up first and that first venue is 550 cap. It’s gonna be so hard to get tickets.

macbethfan and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That Paradise Rock Club show will be insane.

5. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Pretty cool to mix venue sizes in each city.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  6. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Why do all of these recent tour announcements have to be in Sep/Oct. Cant go to them alllllllll

7. xenoabe

Regular

Love this idea of working from small to large venues within a city. Give's a big name band an opportunity to play to more people, fans an opportunity to see them in small venues, and the band an opportunity to stay in one location for a while so the touring is not as exhausting.

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

And help out some of the smaller venues that have been struggling the past year! Also will be great since Tyler has a kid now

xenoabe and Brent like this.
  9. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I love that the smaller venues are mixed in, but unless they have a way to make sure fans are getting tickets at face value (which most places don't), this just means that richer (and probably post-2015) fans are going to get the more intimate show experiences and diehard fans that aren't as wealthy will be stuck with the arena tickets. These things never seem to work out for the old-school fans.

10. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I'm hoping with Columbus only having 2 dates, there will be some smaller hometown shows still to be announced. Seeing them in a small venue is a blast, and I haven't had a chance to do so since the Vessel album cycle.

JonnyMac likes this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

There was a leak that indicates they’ll be playing The Basement, A &R Bar, and Newport that week as well, just hasn’t been announced yet

smowashere, Turkeylegz and JonnyMac like this.
  12. xenoabe

Regular

Oh for sure. I don't think that's on the band though and certainly not a reason to not do this. Shows are definitely more fun with true fans though and not rich ass dudes that just think it's a fun thing to go to.

I think that's a problem with the ticket industry (TM *cough cough*) and lots have ways have tried to combat this with little longterm success. I think we all want that. I mean now the issue with bots has spilled into the PS5/XBoxS purchases. It's a technological problem that's very difficult to solve and the companies selling the products have little incentive to try and solve it tbh.