Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TV's (LCD, OLED, QLED, etc..) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by billyboatman, Oct 29, 2020.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I just pulled the trigger on a gigabyte 28” 4K 144hz monitor.

How do you like your Samsung? I’ll have to look into that one too.

dylan likes this.
  2. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

I almost went with that one but the G70A had hdmi 2.1 which the Gigabyte doesn’t

3. billyboatman Oct 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2022)
    billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

This is from the product page. I made sure it had hdmi 2.1 for my PS5. If it ends up not, I’ll be returning it. I really like the bezel on that Samsung.

upload_2022-10-11_23-28-28.png

edit: actually got mine off Amazon, better protection plan.

dylan likes this.
  4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

It uses a limited 24gb bandwidth for HDMI 2.1. So the PS5 can’t do full 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. It won’t make a huge difference in the end, tbh.

Additional Review Notes: Supported Resolutions

billyboatman likes this.
  5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Thanks for the info, I was ignorant to Subsampling. I love rtings, and after reading about it, you’re right. I don’t think it’ll matter too much.

I really just wanted a 4K monitor for the PS5 for when God of War Ragnarok comes out next month. I enjoy playing on the Lg, but I seem to play my PS4 in my office more, do to Apex Legends with the homies.

dylan likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

So I guess I broke the little door/flap off the optical cable port on my tv while we were moving and now the cable for my sound bar won’t stay in. Does anyone have a work around for this?

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Ugh I think I must have legitimately broken it because it won’t output any sound even while actively holding the cord in

9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

mescalineeyes likes this.
  10. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

good god

11. J12

Trusted Supporter

Wild. TVs are one of the few things that we see consistent price drops in year over year. Five-six years ago, $4k for a 65" OLED was a good deal. $3k was a steal.

billyboatman likes this.
  12. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I will forever throw support behind LG until I get a lemon.. I have a washer from them and just got a new LG fridge.

Playing Tears of the Kingdom on my CX has been the best. If you’re in for a new TV the previous years LG OLED’s are always a killer deal.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I remember when my dad bought a Sony Grand W(V)ega? back when I was in middle school.. 6k for a rear projection TV that was like 55” if that.. That thing weight a fucking ton.

My mom was so pissed. Now I talked him into the 75” C2 years later.. ha

J12 likes this.
  14. J12

Trusted Supporter

LG's OLEDs will always get my first look when it comes to TV shopping. I've had a 65" E6 since 2016. Still going strong with over 11k hours on it. Upgraded to a 77" G2 last year.

billyboatman likes this.
  15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Also love the magic remote and the hub that LG comes with. Very nice and clean menus and such.

J12 likes this.
  16. Agreed. Our main TV is a CX and I love those aspects of it. We recently just got a Frame TV for our bedroom and Samsung's remote and UI leave a lot to be desired.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Never get a Samsung fridge. I’ve had 4 people in my close personal life tell me how horrible they are.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

My TV has been on the fritz for a while and getting the new Zelda has me finally wanting to upgrade.

Any suggestions on a 55" for less than $800?

billyboatman likes this.
  19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

TCL Roku are dope. Let me find a link.

Daniel likes this.
  20. billyboatman May 15, 2023
    (Last edited: May 15, 2023)
    billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Actually Best Buy has the TCL/Roku combo 55” 4K for under 300. My dad loves his.

Mounted it in his garage so he can get away from my mom and smoke pot haha

RyanPm40 and Daniel like this.
  21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

That's what we currently have, it's about 5 years old now. We've loved it, but it does have some issue, for the longest time it's turned off randomly, there are weird text issues with letters missing regardless of which app you're using, and it'll just freeze sometimes. Also there's a dark spot in the center of the screen, but for the age and price I'm not complaining.

I'm sure they've worked out those issues since. Seems like it's still the most bang for your buck.

Was looking at the Samsung - 55" Class Q60C QLED 4K Smart Tizen TV.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Looks like the TCL picture quality is actually better.

23. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Sony all the way.

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Just stay away from the cheaper LG WebOS TVs. I know the OLED ones are great, but my $300 42 inch 4K TV has weird blue bloches on it now. It's super distracting on white backgrounds