Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TV's (LCD, OLED, QLED, etc..) • Page 4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by billyboatman, Oct 29, 2020.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

idk, I feel like you're better off buying it used, the C2 just came out and the C1 shouldn't be 1400 dollars at 55 inches. (the 1100 was a very good price though, what happened to that?)

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

TV itself is still just 1100

But then you throw in another ~100 in taxes

And then the 4 year protection plan (which given how expensive it is and my past experience with tvs failing seems like something you gotta get) is another 150

so final total was 1358.26. not quite 1400, but close.

3. mescalineeyes

Gonna throw you a curveball: take a look at Samsungs Neo QLED offerings. They’re cheaper and brighter but don’t get quite as dark (but close enough).

55-Inch Class 4K TV | QN90A Samsung Neo QLED Smart TV | Samsung US

this is the one I’d get right now* It’s 1150 euros where I live which already includes 20 percent tax.

* our fucking blinds broke I can’t properly make the room dark lmao I need a bright ass screen

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

thanks I’ll take a look in the morning

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Daaamn I forget that sales tax is a thing with online orders for some states

6. clucky

Trusted Supporter

whoops. had finally decided that yeah I think I wanna go with the C1 afterall and now the price has jumped back up $100 :tear: guess shit like that is always a risk when you wait huh :uhoh:

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

What viewing distance do people use for their TVs?

Realized that there is enough room for a 65" on my tv stand (was previously using 55") so decided to still splurge a bit but go with a Hisense 65" rather than an OLED 55"

But after playing with it a bit... it might be too big? A bit hard to take in the entire screen at once while playing video games.

My couch is like 8 feet away. Which some sources on the internet suggest is too close for a 65" and others suggest is just fine. So idk if I just need to get used to it or if I really should just stick with the 55"

8. mescalineeyes

55 all the way imo

the sweet spot would be 58 but it’s very rare.

clucky likes this.
  9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

yeah I feel like something like 60 would be perfect as the 55 did feel a bit small. But there also seem to be lots of people out there very happy with a 65” sitting closer than I am so many I just need to get used to it

10. mescalineeyes

I sit at the same distance as you are, give or take.

65 is extremely epic. Like, I don’t think you’ll *regret* it, but 55 is much more reasonable lol

11. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah so far it seems to have some pluses and minuses. Probably more pluses, but close enough to make me go “was this really worth it??”. Watching TV with it was nice. So hoping I just get used to it and most of my concerns are due to me just me naturally always regretting stuff

12. mescalineeyes

Watch The Green Knight on it and enjoy the IMMERSION

clucky likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Prime day has some good deals on LG OLEDs not sure if they’re still active tho

15. J12

Trusted Supporter

Moved into my new place a few weeks ago and finally finished setting the living room up with my brand new 77" G2. Coming from a 65" E6 and I'm just blown away.

KeynDooee and dylan like this.
  16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

RyanPm40 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

billyboatman likes this.
  18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I absolutely love my CX which is now two versions older. Almost wanna do it just for a tv for the bedroom.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Fuuuck I wish I had time and space to get one today, but I'd need a whole new TV stand and would have to ditch our old TV

20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Starts chanting.. *do it, do it, do it*

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. mescalineeyes

just because Samsung is kicking their asses with their NeoQLED.

22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

23. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

24. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Really looking at getting a LG gaming monitor for my office and PS5.

anyone else have reqs if they have a good gaming monitor?

25. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Samsung G70A is what I have. 4k 144hz 27”

billyboatman likes this.