Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turns Out™ People Like Monthly Options Best

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A couple weeks ago I tweaked our supporter program just a bit to put together a few new options at various tiers. It’s been incredible to see so many new people sign up and help us out at all the levels, but one of the more common things I heard was that you all love the monthly options way more than the annual ones. I think I messed up because of my own bias of liking to pay for things upfront, and so I built the program with that in mind. Welp, I think I was wrong. After seeing so many people ask about monthly tiers I’ve inverted what I highlight on our supporter page. The monthly options are now front and center and the annual options are still there but just a little less prominent.

A huge thank you to everyone that gave me feedback on this and a massive thank you to everyone that’s signed up so far. If you haven’t peeped the supporter packages yet, please take a look and/or read my little plea about becoming a member.

I’ve been working on cleaning up the website code, improving all the mobile pages, and making some other little changes to the site over the past few weeks. I’ll be rolling those out in the next few months along with some new features and perks for supporters.

Thanks again for reading!

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It's interesting that my job has pushed us to set up monthly drops for less total cost, as they claim "asking people to pay little up front, typically ends up on them spending more in the long term...as they end up adjusting their budgets to include the new habit (i.e. monthly fee)"

3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Alright I know I spend way too much time here cause I totally got excited about new features and improvements.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. ARo24

Regular

You've done a great job with the new site. I don't even think twice about going any where else to get my music/ entertainment news.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

we should get...spotify discounts eheheheheheh

6. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Just curious. With everyone basically having a full browser on a smartphone these days what is the purpose of mobile pages? I get annoyed when visiting certain sites that default as mobile as I always want the desktop site

7. This site is all responsive, it shows the information in the best way possible for each device. Trying to read our news feed, for example, on a phone would be awful without it being up front and centered with the sizes perfected for the phone. Zooming in and out and scrolling side to side isn't great.

Jake W and BradBradley like this.
  8. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Why is Turns Out trademarked? (I'm sure you're joking, just was curious!)

9. Stole it from Merlin Mann