Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SamLevi11, Sep 23, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Couldn't seem to find one so I thought I'd start a Turnover thread to say how much I'm still absolutely in love with Peripheral Vision. They get better with every release and Peripheral Vision is possibly in my top 15 albums, period.

thebloodhound likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just call it turnover, but yea great band

3. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

97C91625-54C1-442D-8381-6FE80C3DA0C7.jpg

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

5. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

She posted it on twitter as well as text message screen shots. I believe her. Not the first dude in this shit band that is shit

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

wow i had no idea, usually this stuff comes to light pretty quickly

7. milogoestoprison

This is disappointing. I was hoping to read some good Turnover discussion, but instead talk of another band I like involved in shady business.

8. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Read the texts here too

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

who else is shady? seriously, not sure about that one
    this sucks, going to be interesting to see what happens, since this is like definitely the sort of thing that bandmates wouldn't know about. but it's also interesting because it's really just a case of a shitty person rather than something straightforwardly illegal like sexual assault
    i'm not backing him, he sucks and fuck him, but yeah

y2jayjk likes this.
  10. "George Washington didn't give up on the Revolutionary War"

haha what?! this dude....

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Dude is corny

TheWater(s) and teebs41 like this.
  12. milogoestoprison

At risk of sounding bogus for caring about the state of the band, I hope this is handled better than the Better Off situation.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I honestly can't remember but when I find it I'll post it. I know something happened but it was posted on AP and that archive is gone. And yeah gaslighting isn't illegal but he's still a fucking piece of garbage.

14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Doubt it's acknowledged at all

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I think it was just they were like sighted with Harry or something, idk. that witchhunt of people being around (but not defending necessarily) harry corrigan went a little crazy

but yeah, dude is a piece of shit, i never denied that.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Well that turned to shit quickly.

Shitty thing to do of course but it's not going to stop me enjoying the band at all.

17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I saw they posted some random tweet on Twitter. Either the band/their PR doesn't know or they're choosing to stay silent. Ugh.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw these guys in Birmingham supporting Moose Blood. So good live, and I don't understand how Cutting My Fingers Off is even better live than on record.

19. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

This has been driving me nuts since the album came out but does anyone have a clue what the background vocals lyrics are for New Scream during the last verse?

20. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

So just saw a tweet/Insta post from these guys confirming that they're finishing up a new album this upcoming week and I'm assuming they plan to release it in the summer or fall 2017. This is huge news for me. I can't wait to see how they improve their sound from PV, which was my AOTY 2015

teebs41 and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, I'm actually so excited now. PV is one my favourite albums full stop.

mattav152 and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Dammit I think I really like this album now

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

pretty sure there will be a new turnover record this year, looks like they finished recording it in December according to Will Yip's twitter

24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

You're completely right, I'm pretty sure they confirmed it in December. I remember a tweet from around Christmas saying something about it and they probably finished mixing and whatnot this month based on pics of them on Insta with Yip (maybe even a split with citizen based on those pics too)

25. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

In reading the texts and notes on the situation...this seems less shitty than a lot of the other "bad things guys in bands do"

Sounds like a run of the mill shitty BF with low emotional intelligence. Doesn't seem to be outright evil.
    Obviously the girls situation is sad and he handled poorly but who takes a guy that brings up the revolutionary war over a break up text seriously.

Really excited for the new record. Hoping for a little more energy

y2jayjk, inwaves and Onlyadirector like this.