Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover / Mannequin Pussy / Summer Salt Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Glad I checked this thread, hard pass with no camp cope. MP is awesome but not enough to get me to this show on their own.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really glad I didn't get a ticket to this... I was on the fence, as I'd be going solely for Camp Cope. Hopefully they get back over to the States soon!

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Purely an outside observer here since this tour wasn't coming near me anyways, but has this site turned against Turnover recently? Thought I remember them being really hyped around here.

Regardless, I hope this means Camp Cope comes near me when they actually make it over!

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think it's a mixture of all the issues they had with their former guitarist, reception to their new album (which I would call lukewarm - it was a really different direction), and the fact that they are constantly touring (I'm sure most of us have seen them several times by now).

That being said, I'll still go to this. I'm excited to check out Mannequin Pussy.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, kind of what Matt said. I think the way that they handled the sexual harassment allegations against their guitarist divided their fanbase - some feel that they didn't act quick after knowing about it for months, while others thought their efforts to try and figure it out internally sufficed. From my understanding, the band tried to work out some kind of a resolution (without the guy involved) that would allow him to do some kind of rehabilitation that the victim felt comfortable with, while also trying to have it so he could continue to be in the band. Basically, the band tried to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, just from what I've heard, I believe the victim spoke highly of how the band handled the situation, but they still decided to have him leave the band after people continued to speak out on it. But I'm not 100% sure of the details.

All of that, personally, made me feel more comfortable about the situation than a lot of the other bands in this scene because it seems like there was some sort of action put in place instead of just blowing it off, but for a lot of people, it felt kind of slimy and appeared as they were blowing it off. It's why I've kind of kept a distance from Turnover since the beginning of this album cycle, but I haven't sworn them off like some of the other bands in this scene that are still active. That's just my take and understanding on it. I still don't know if I'll ever go out of my way to see them again.

estacey99 and alkalinexandy like this.
  6. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Went tonight in CT.

Super Natural
    Humming
    Like Slow Disappearing
    New Scream
    Bonnie (R&M)
    Humblest Pleasures
    Take My Head
    What Got In The Way
    Sunshine Type
    Pure Devotion
    Nightlight Girl
    Cutting My Fingers Off
    Hello Euphoria
    Dizzy on the Comedown

Also worth noting that at other dates Breeze was played as well.

Very standard set. Low energy from them, but it didn't drag on as much as I thought it would. The crowd was pretty active (for a Turnover show in 2018) to the PV-era songs (especially Take My Head) but was mainly bobbing along to the new material.

Merch was also subpar. 2 shirts that were anime related, a shirt with a banana on it, and two with their name in weird fonts, a Good Nature hat, and vinyl (didn't catch what albums / variants).

I had a good time and I'm glad I went, but I've seen Turnover and knew what to expect so I had pretty low expectations going in. This was also my first time seeing them on the GN album cycle, and the new songs all sounded pretty decent live in my opinion.

I missed Pronoun and Summer Salt because I worked late tonight so I wish I could provide some input on them, but I can't, unfortuantely.

7. zachmacD

Trusted

I was supposed to go to the Philly show but it was cancelled due to the northeaster so i'll be going in April instead. I'm not super excited but I still want to see them play the newer stuff. I went to see them open for Lydia and it wasn't great. It definitely didn't have the airy dream pop feel that PV did on record but I'm just going to eat an edible and enjoy myself

8. zachmacD

Trusted

these guys tour all the fucking time. They were just in my city like 2 months ago and are already back

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

For anyone bummed that Michigan didn't get a date, they're playing Mo Pop in July.

10. goation

Regular

MP might be one of my favorite live bands. They are so fun and Marissa was so nice to me and signed a vinyl. I really wanted to see camp cope but they honestly couldn’t have gotten a better fill in.

cwhit likes this.