Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Good Nature (August 25, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Smittzerland, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

did Soucy play guitar on this album? sounds exactly like his style from PV. Also listening to PV then listening to Super Natural will help you hear the differences for sure.

2. drewinseries

Drew

I'm sure he only stepped down recently, maybe because of a request from Run For Cover. But i'm sure he wrote/recorded/was there for all of the process in creating this album.

3. Not loving it on three listens, but it's fine. Kinda boring. I definitely heard some bosa nova vibes in it, which is different/cool

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Appreciate the statement I guess butttt wasn't this band also hanging out with either JJR or Harry Corrigan? I can't remember which. I just don't know about these guys.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Basically like every band in the scene hangs out with/is friends with JJR (or so it seems).

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

idk at least they aren't publicly praising him like transit did

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. Yeah, I don't know, I guess I'm just not invested enough to look past it, but not pointing fingers at anyone who is. I get it, I'm the same way with other artists. It's just not for me.

Carry on!

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

it's like Real Estate for kids that still like pop punk

pleasant enough, a little boring

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Riiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtttttt....

Cuz adults couldn't possibly enjoy Real Estate and pop-punk and Turnover all together. Good to know.

10. Joel Jun 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2017)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Kids could have been interchangeable with people, was meant as a general term referring to a group which is how I often use it and not meant to be age based condescension. I refer to myself as a kid for the record!
    General sentiment towards the song still stands, nice enough that I'm curious about the record

11. puppychrist Jun 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2017)
    puppychrist

Yeah. I saw them yukking it up with Harry at their merch table. It was during that tour with Fireworks.

That said, this is an enjoyable single.

12. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Fair enough.

13. I just don't get why people are hating on their statement. They apologized for not handling it sooner, made it clear they didn't support any of Eric's alleged actions and he left the band. What else would you want from that?

jkauf likes this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think I've listened to this song over 30 times today - I think it's beautiful and really special. Totally understand where people are coming from with the Real Estate comparisons. As someone that really likes Real Estate, it definitely explains why I really like this too.

I'm glad they addressed the Eric stuff, though I wish it was addressed sooner. I will give them credit that I think it was definitely handled better than a lot of the other recent examples (Neck Deep, Moose Blood, PWR BTTM, etc.).

Smage likes this.
  15. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I listened to PV and Humblest Pleasures, bookended by "Super Natural", straight through this afternoon and I definitely like this much more than the others.

There's just more room to breathe in this song, it makes the others feel a little claustrophobic.

I really hope the album opens up even more.

Smage and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That's where I think we'll get the sequel feeling - PV is is being in the midst of hazy, drug-fueled comedown, with all of the anxiety and self-doubt that comes with it. GN seems like it will be dealing with similar ideas as PV, with with greater clarity and a generally more sound and positive attitude.

KidLightning likes this.
  17. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

After my first listen I was initially underwhelmed. However, after a few more listens and reading the lyrics, it grew on me a lot pretty quickly. I really dig the more spacious atmosphere as some have said and what I thought was most promising was the more positive/upward sounding lyrics. Really feels nice to hear and puts you in a content mood.

18. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Side note: I've been trying to figure out how the tri-color variant fits the overall artwork and realized it's the parrot's colors lol

KidLightning likes this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

They did the same exact thing for Magnolia. I feel like it's more for that than the artwork.

pauljgreco likes this.
  20. Barcara

Regular

I read this comment and I was like "No way it sounds like that." But damn, I totally see it. It's that guitar tone.

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Hey, I'm just glad people listen to Caspian.

22. Yeah, I'm surprised that isn't an issue for more people

23. cwhit

are we really going to get mad at people for being friends with shitty people behind the scenes? as long as they aren't actively supporting him what's the matter?

if you found out mac was still friends with that dude who exposed himself to children would you stop listening to him?

MFA and FTank like this.
  24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you.

They're not pushing him or his agenda on to anyone I don't see the problem.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  25. cwhit

i think there's a huge difference between them just happening to be talking to him and a band like four year strong taking JJR out as their tour manager or transit bringing harry on stage to drum with them.