Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Good Nature (August 25, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Smittzerland, Jun 17, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this definitely doesn't sound exactly like PV to me

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno if it's just me, but I don't really like when the opener of a record is released as a single

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I don't either, but it happens so often that I've gotten used to it. I think releasing the album closer is worse, though. I refuse to listen to a song in advance if I know it's the closer.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that's not good. I think I did it with Touché Amore last year but in general I do the same as you.

beachdude42 and ImAMetaphor like this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Still really like that album art.

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

that photobook album looks preeeetttttyyyyyy

8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

HOLY SHIT, $23 for shipping are they crazy?

Edit: Ok so they only do priority if I have the shirt in my cart but without, its only $7 for media mail.

9. SPine

Trusted

Since there's no black pressing I'm waiting for Amazon pre-orders

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

"the range of textures, tempos, and dynamics on Good Nature are infuenced in part by bossa nova, cool jazz, electronic music, and psychedelic grooves"

This gives me the most hope that this is going to be a progression for the PV sound...seems like Super Natural is a bridge track. I think looking back we'll be able to say that PV and GN can be looked upon as if they're two sides of the same coin.

11. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

on the first day of summer too? this is nice.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I need these pre orders.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I hate when it is. And this is such a mediocre opener

14. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I'm really falling in love with this song quite fast

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

yeah when i first head it i thought, " this is okay" but now i cant get the chorus out of my head.

16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This is already the kind of song that isn't necessarily outwardly captivating or attention-grabbing, but it sucks me in all the same. PV was very much the same way for me. It isn't really the kind of song that puts my jaw on the floor and blows me away, but it will keep me coming back.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm all about vinyls that go with the artwork, so I think that pink and green with black splatter looks tasty.

18. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

some of the lyrics/phrasing is really clunky, but that chorus is a 10 for sure.

(And I know it is all very intentional, but I also know how good Austin can be at putting some effortless prose together. Will be interesting to see if this less rhyme-reliant style is throughout the new album. That being said, I love how he puts together "Ahead of Us" and "Cal-i-fornia" in the chorus - a great example of how rewarding and how difficult this style can be!)

New Turnover! Rejoice!

teebs41, beachdude42 and SamLevi11 like this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I have to agree, the song's really growing on me but I think it's a little low energy as an opener for my taste.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Here for it, PV is one of my favorite albums of all time

FTank likes this.
  21. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I'm digging this song the more I play it, but I do wish they would have released a riskier song for the first single. It is a great summery track though.

22. drewinseries

Drew

Cool they brought back the tri color variant. I have the same one for Magnolia. Probably won't go for it here because it doesn't really fit the art.

23. timcsheehan

Regular

As much as I love Peripheral Vision, every time I see you guys write PV my brain instantly reads it as PureVolume.

ChrisCantWrite and johnnyferris like this.
  24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's the same as my Magnolia variant. In fact all I need is the Citizen split after this to have their whole discography.

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

This has potential to be my AOTY. Very excited to hear this.