Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Good Nature (August 25, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Smittzerland, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

New record coming out on Run For Cover. New song and pre-orders on 6/21.

2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My birthday. Nice.

3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Stoked for it. Last album was great.

4. Holy sheeeeeit! Please be as good as PV and better than the last 7"!

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I like Humblest Pleasures haha, what don't you like about it?

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Cool. Hope it's good, PV is my favorite album of the last several years

7. fifpb99

Newbie Prestigious

cant fucking wait -- loved PV and Humblest Pleasures so much

8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

new song wednesday is the word. cant wait.

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Don't have high expectations, but here's to hoping

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I worry this will be a victim of high expectations as PV is inside my top 10 albums ever, I just connected with it on such a huge level and it sound tracked roughly a year and a half of my life. I still listen to it weekly at the very least. I can only hope this can be similarly impacting for me now I'm in a better place.

11. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Safe to say its one of my top anticipated this year. I definitely agree with anyone saying it'll be hard to top PV, but my fingers are crossed.

12. SPine

Trusted

The album art is so sick. Hoping they announce a tour too

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I also think the album art is pretty good

teebs41 likes this.
  14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Looking forward to Wednesday. Admittedly, I haven't listened to Humblest Pleasures. I should get on that.

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wonder if they'll change their style. Every album released by these guys has been different. Please don't do pop punk again lol.

FTank likes this.
  16. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

This is easily one of my most anticipated releases of the year. I still listen to PV regularly.

17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

i think PV was them coming into their own, and hopefully this new one expands on that sound while still keeping the pillars of what made that album great.

SamLevi11, jorbjorb and FTank like this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This has potential to be great or very bad. I really hope they can continue off the sound of PV without becoming boring. The poppier they can get with this sound the better imo

19. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Would love for them to expand the PV sound in other ways. It'd be cool to hear this sound but more on the aggressive or spacey sides.

20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I've only recently gotten into these guys, so I'm stoked another record is right around the corner.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be happier with just more pacey songs such as Take My Head. But I trust them to do pretty much whatever at this point.

Smage likes this.
  22. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Yess

23. sawhney[rusted]2 Jun 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2017)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

So, I gave PV a listen today, and kind of wanted to expand on why I don't have any expectations for the new record.

Peripheral Vision is an album that is defined by the time I was obsessed with this album. At the time this album was released, I was in my last few weeks of the final semester of college. I was finished with my internship at the time (which I received an job offer from, and accepted), was only taking 3 classes, and had a bunch of time for *ahem* extracurricular activities.

I spent those final few weeks in a blissful haze, in a cloud I could see no end of, through fault of my own. Usually at the end of particular era of your life, you do a mental recap of everything that preceded it, whether good or bad, accurate or alternative...and this album was the soundtrack for these retrospective, reflective moments.

These songs soundtracked my last late, dewy nights wandering my school, my last school crush, my last beer cheers with my college buddies, and my last days without the weight of the world on my shoulders. I was reluctantly enjoying just being a kid with no responsibilities, before I have all of them. Theses songs still, to this day, bring me strongly back to those days, nights, and very early mornings, and I find it hard to name another album that so accurately brings me back to a specific moment in my life, emotionally and mentally.

I don't think PV is particularly that amazing in any aspects, other than using a very specific asesthetic to its complete and exhausted, but satisfying, end. But it connected with me so well with to those moments, and all the specific memories I can recall as a result of the album, that I consider it extremely important part of my personal music history.

Expecting Turnover to make another album that comes even close to what I experienced with PV is extremely rare, as I am (as expected) a different person and music consumer than I was when this released. All I can really hope for is a solid album that makes a decent dent in my EOTY list. Here's to hoping!

Barcara, sean_rugy, OotyPa and 5 others like this.
  24. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

@sawhney[rusted]2 That's a very similar experience to what I had only with my university. I expect this to be of high quality, but I doubt it will ever be able to top the emotional connection I have to wandering that city for a final time before I went back home, and thinking about everything that had happened over those years.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.