Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover / Elvis Depressedly / Emma Ruth Rundle Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by GEM37, Jun 26, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

These set times about right?

8-830
    845-930
    10-?

If so I can definitely make this after the Tyler show which is tight

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

My date in Pomona was
    Emma- 8
    ED- 8:45
    Turnover- 9:45

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I believe this was mine in Portland as well.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Word I'll probably miss the first few Turnover songs but no biggie

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen people go off for Take My Head before for sure, as well as obviously the early material when I first saw them.

Fuck those lineups are both so good. That first lineup is crazy good.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  6. FantasticCams

Saw this tonight, thought it was a solid show all around. I just felt that Good Nature didn't translate super well to a live setting. That stretch of GN songs was easily the low point of the set imo.

7. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Does anyone have extra tickets or know where to get some tht arent 100 each to the brooklyn show? My best friend and i really wanna go but tickets are sold out

Morgan likes this.
  8. Morgan

Morgan

Watch the Facebook page. That's what I always do

9. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Yeah my friend and i just posdted on there too, thanks

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

That and I usually search the band name on Twitter the night before/day of.

11. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Bummer. She put on a great performance.

13. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

How has this tour been? I was thinking about going, but I saw a full set on YouTube last night and almost fell asleep. I love Turnover and enjoyed the new album but they've always kind of bored me live. Is it different being there or did it feel like it dragged on?

14. flask

Trusted Supporter

I was drunk and ~vibing~ but results may vary.

estacey99 likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Greet Death is opening Detroit tomorrow. Get there early, their new record is great.

16. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I wouldn't say I was bored, but it was disappointing to see the utter lack of charisma these guys have on stage, especially after all the touring they've done these past few years. I, personally, don't think I'm going to go out of my way to see them live again.

17. SPine

Trusted

Had to miss yesterday due to illness. Bummed I didn't get to see the new songs. Hopefully I can catch them next year

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This band is so incredibly boring live lol

People were going off for the PV songs and no one seemed to care about the GN songs at all

Not really sure how you can justify stage diving to a song like Humming but what do I know haha

FantasticCams and zachmacD like this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like seeing Turnover live. It's a different vibe though. I went Friday night and I was late getting there (walked in while Super Natural was playing, which I think was the opening song), so I was just standing in the back and it was a nice enough evening. It's really more just a stand there and nod your head kind of show though.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Exact same thing happened to me haha it was sold out so it was packed but I just stood in the back and nodded my head and sang along. I guess seeing Tyler The Creator right before put on a really energetic set, tell jokes and actually interact with the crowd in an exciting way and then going immediately to Turnover just made it a lot more boring

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah they also had to break up a fight during Pure Devotion

Which is absolutely hilarious to me

22. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this is what happens when pop punk kids break edge and start smoking weed

23. SPine

Trusted

What a strange song to pick a fight to. I feel like I break up fights more often than not at shows anymore. Travis Scott earlier this year had to have been a record.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea mine was sold out, luckily it's a venue that even sold out still has some extra space so that was nice. And I could definitely see that. I'm sure it was like seeing Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile coming off two nights of the Front Bottoms. I'm sure I ordinarily would've loved the show, but after so much energy and fun for two nights to have a much more laid back set of head bobbing was kind of "eh".

25. zachmacD

Trusted

I saw Turnover open for Lydia right after PV came out and it was a snoozefest. I haven't really listened to the newest album so I'll probably pass on this