Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Altogether (November 1, 2019) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This band is incredibly boring live but they usually sound great live so there's that.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

No not necessarily/I agree, but I meant to imply the quality doesn’t rise or dip too much either. I think if the quality was more variable the songs wouldn’t have blended as much at first, for better or worse

as for seeing em live, for what it’s worth they weren’t any more energetic before PV cake out

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I really enjoyed them when I saw them, but it was right when PV was hitting its peak and they only played songs off of that.

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Finally got around to listening to "Parties" and got some serious Minus the Bear vibes, which is a really good lane for this band.

5. Kmil

Trusted

astereo likes this.
  6. janexo

Regular

these songs are just boring to me :(

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This one is my least favorite

8. Kmil

Trusted

Much After Feeling, is the best one they released so far, I like the other one's, but nowhere near that. Hope the rest are better, so far this looks like their weakest album.

9. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This is the one they were playing live. I dig it.

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Ooooooohyeeeeaaahhhhhh

11. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

At least we’ll always have Paris

12. Much After Feeling is still the clear frontrunner so far, but Number On The Gate is immediately my second favorite

imthesheriff likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Ngl number on the gate sounds better live. That little ~DOO doo~ after “push me all the way down” doesn’t jump out the way it does live with guitar.

14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

New song is fantastic.

15. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I dig it

16. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

So when are they gonna admit they ripped off Real Estate? I dig the songs but the influence is very apparent.

17. imagine seeing Turnstile play before them because that's the show I went to earlier this year in LA and it was hilarious

18. Kmil

Trusted

I'm confused why influence = ripped off. Bands are influenced by each other all the time.

sonder likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Been taking my time to digest these songs and I am really digging them. They definitely get better the more I hear them. I don't think there's anything as immediately catchy as PV or the singles from GN, but I think in the end I'll end up enjoying it more than GN. Parties is probably my favorite so far.

sonder likes this.
  20. new song has definitely grown on me the past couple of days

21. I got to listen to this tonight and it really didn’t do anything for me.

It isn’t bad by any means, but a lot of these tracks sound almost identical to me.

I also wasn’t huge on the last record so if you were into that then you’ll probably love this.

flask and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. Jake Valentine

Listen to this as in there's a leak? Plz lmk already paid for the album just dying to hear it

23. Just what I expected.

24. Didn’t leak, sorry!

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

singles are really great

Drew Beringer and FTank like this.