Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Altogether (November 1, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 22, 2019.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

There are no "lows" in PV at all imo

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Hmm, yeah I don’t really know what you would consider lows of PV. GN doesn’t start off super strong, and the two songs before Bonnie drag at times, but I still like them.

Jusscali likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like the worst song on PV more than anything on GN.

Jusscali, BigMouth, SamLevi11 and 4 others like this.
  4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

PV is definitely a more consistent record than GN. Only thing that I could see dragging at the back half is Threshold which is just a harmless 1.5 min interlude.

5. zachmacD

Trusted

I honestly love both records. I couldn't really get into GN until I bought it on vinyl but I listen to it quite often now. I will say that for a band that tours as much as they do, they are extremely boring live.

jlinitz likes this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I can echo this. Love both albums but they are a total snooze fest live.

7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Y’all remember Magnolia?

disambigujason, astereo and sonder like this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them on that album and thank god cause I would be pissed if I never saw Most of the Time, Bloom or Shiver live lol.

disambigujason and smowashere like this.
  9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

So I shouldn’t go see them in December?

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They are incredibly boring but it's still nice to vibe to

I'm thinking they maybe add some cool production for the next tour (at least hope)

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy them live but it has to be a crowd who are really into them. Seeing them at KOKO in London earlier this year was great cause everyone sang the opening guitar line to New Scream, and it was pretty fun.

The stuff on the last album is pretty dull though.

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Thanks. I might skip it. There’s a bunch of shows I want to see and other things to spend my money on.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Play Sasha

solxace, sonder and llllllllllllllll like this.
  14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I feel like GN almost has to be considered the most consistent record bc few records blend together like that one lol I mean, I love it front to back, but it took a long time to appreciate the differences between the songs. That said, I don’t think PV has low lows but it’s definitely got some skippable tracks too. shiver’s probably still my favorite turnover song.

sonder likes this.
  15. NitrateDawn

Regular

Every song sounding the same on GN does not make it consistent, IMO

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  16. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I’ve seen them 5 times and they are super boring live, but they’re at least starting to sound better. They’re good if the crowd is fun though.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I saw them in Boston last year and it was honestly one of the most disappointed I’ve ever been by a show and it’s really turned all my excitement I once had for this band very down.

18. mattfreaksmeout Oct 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like them live. They're not like thrilling just based on the nature of the music they play but it's a fun show, the Peripheral Vision songs give it enough energy, and it's nice to just vibe out to. I also really liked their stage setup on the tour with Turnstile where they had like the little neighborhood and stuff.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

I honestly don’t know what people want out of this band live lol. Far from the most boring bands I’ve ever seen.

SamLevi11, disambigujason and astereo like this.
  20. btr

Trusted Supporter

How energetic are these songs supposed to be played?

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I don't think I care much about the "energy of the songs" when I go to a show, but man I've never watched a band seem so bored and lifeless during a show. It was a really good venue I saw them, but they had 1 blue light the entire time on during their whole set, Austin I do not think said more than a sentence into the mic towards the crowd, and everything about the performance was lifeless. The crowd wasn't into it at all either. I wish I saw them after PV because the GN songs really dragged the set and the crowd did not respond well.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I just want them to have a little personality/showmanship. It goes a looooongggg way

23. flask

Trusted Supporter

sounds like the opposite of every experience ive ever had but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SamLevi11 likes this.
  24. They were pretty energetic on the PV cycle. Obviously the GN songs are even more mellowed out but that bass player was grooving hard when I saw them

25. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

:thumbup:

disambigujason likes this.