Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover - Altogether (November 1, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 22, 2019.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

Was hoping we’d get a new song to start the week.

2. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

New album is called Altogether and will be out November 1st. They’re releasing 2 songs with preorders this Monday.

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Nice

4. 2 songs? I’m down

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Pre-orders on pay day v nice

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Need a new smoke record, hope this is it.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  7. tssf92

HELL YES

8. Jusscali

I can’t wait to do mad drugs to this

jkauf, RileyWitiw and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Source? I’m excited to hear this. Need a good November album with blink in sept, menzos in oct, so this is perfect timing for a turnover fall release!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. B4DCFECE-DBC6-495E-B367-592345FFCF67.jpeg

RileyWitiw, sonder, Contender and 7 others like this.
  11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Love that release date. Already overwhelmed with September/October releases

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

14. Excellent rollout timeframe, hype

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Can we change thread title?

16. Jusscali

Weird ass cover per usual lol

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  17. Yes. I like it a lot though.

zachmacD likes this.
  18. zachmacD

Trusted

Hell yeah. Definitely going to preorder the vinyl

teebs41 likes this.
  19. isavedlatin

I'll show you the life of the mind Prestigious

So that explains why there backdrop was this earlier 47EEED43-0403-4862-9EF2-0E28A7673F97.jpeg

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Niiice.

Fingers crossed that it’s better than Good Nature. I dug a few songs off GN but nothing hit me like Peripheral Vision did.

SpyKi and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

You and me both man.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

I never got into GN until i bought it on vinyl. IDK what made me do that but it's a pleasant listen while you're chilling outside sipping on some coffee.

With that said, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm pretty sure the guy they kicked out wrote all of the guitar parts for PV and GN. But if this next record is good, it'll solidify them as one of my favorite bands

mattylikesfilms and RileyWitiw like this.
  23. TomG

Trusted Supporter

I was wondering that actually. I think you are right that he wrote most of the lead parts over top of the general chords. Interested to see how they sound with a new member.

24. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

GN is good summer background music. Lowers the ol blood pressure.

JBoch, FTank, mattylikesfilms and 2 others like this.
  25. From Amazon:

There is a closeness at the heart of Turnover's aptly titled new album, 'Altogether.' Though it's the first collection the trio has written while living on opposite coasts, the record actually represents the group's most collaborative and connected work to date, showcasing the intuitive, near-telepathic relationship frontman Austin Getz has developed over the years with his bandmates. Turnover first emerged roughly a decade ago in Virginia Beach, VA, but the group's critical and commercial breakthrough didn't arrive until six years later, when they cracked the Top 5 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart with their acclaimed sophomore album, 'Peripheral Vision.' The band-which consists of Getz, his brother Casey on drums, and their childhood friend Danny Dempsey on bass-followed it up in 2017 with 'Good Nature,' a streaming smash that racked up roughly 40 million plays on Spotify alone and which Vice proclaimed to be "their best album yet." 'Altogether' demonstrates the band's eclectic mix of personalities from the very start, opening with a lo-fi, jazzy intro that quickly gives way to the driving drums and delay-drenched guitar of "Still In Motion." Like much of the album to come, the song is a meditation on change and perspective, on learning to quiet your mind and appreciate the moment before it's gone. The bittersweet "No Reply" reckons with guilt over failing to be present with a loved one, while the effervescent "Much After Feeling" recognizes the sacrifices we make to stay connected across geographical distance, and the breezy "Parties" grapples with the kind of self-consciousness that can leave us prisoners of our own design.

1. Still in Motion
    2. Much After Feeling
    3. Parties
    4. Number on the Gate
    5. Sending Me Right Back
    6. Ceramic Sky
    7. Valley of the Moon
    8. No Reply
    9. Plant Sugar
    10. Temporary Love

sonder, Micah511, local_corn and 7 others like this.