Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Turnover – “Humming” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This album still impresses me so much. Love this song.

3. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

my fave

4. I very much like the aesthetic of the video. Their whole album is just amazing

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Peripheral Vision is definitely in my top 10 records from our current decade.

Christian Romero likes this.
  6. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

my 2015 joint SOTY. too bad the band members are scum

7. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I don't listen to this band, just curious where this comment stems from?

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Are we still doing this in every thread? C'mon, enough. There are ways to discuss what's going on here (which has also been done to death) without popping in and making provocative, non-elaborative comments like this.

9. felipecardel

they're friends with JJR and harry corrigan. will leave it at that as i've heard other stuff but can't confirm

i don't see why you're so bothered by it, how was it provocative?

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You came in and said they're scum without elaborating on that whatsoever (which was also an exaggeration). Thought we learned from the Boycott Pure Noise thread on AP not to take such a scorched earth approach about this whole thing. you can acknowledge the clear issues with Harry and JJR without incessantly chirping about other bands that are barely, indirectly related to the situation.

11. felipecardel

did you seriously want my original comment to read "i love this song but it sucks that they're terrible people since they did stuff"? no one does that and imo it would seem far more provocative, since no one yet had asked me to elaborate. brandon did and i explained. anyone who's curious or disagrees with me can quote me and we'll discuss the matter.

and who's "incessantly chirping"? it's literally the first time i brought this up since finding out that they relate to those people, and that was back in AP.net.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You still can't open a thread for any band that's ever so much as been in the same place as JJR without reading something to the effect of "fuck this band".

13. felipecardel

it's not just JJR, they're friends with corrigan too. "fuck this band" is well deserved even if that's not what i said. sorry that it bothers you so much.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Well this thread is an fucking shit show.

Frankly, PV was my favourite album in years. Absolutely stunning and this is a great choice for a single.

Questionable facial hair.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Same. Still spinning PV all the time.

16. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Love this song, band and album. They're actually great guys.

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

You got any proof of that or do you just say stuff? Do you know the members personally or are you just repeating what you saw somewhere else?

I vaguely remember some bands being listed incorrectly in that thread as "associated"

18. felipecardel

austin has or had pics with corrigan on his instagram and i suppose their association with JJR doesn't need to be proven. i'm not interested in discussing this any further though, people want to move on from that so i'll respect it