Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tumblr Website

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Tumblr (Official Thread)

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Mokena likes this.
  3. mikeftttf

Questions for musicians: what are your thoughts on Tumblr? Is it a useful place for musicians still? How much do you get out of it? Anything you miss from the experience that would make it better?

I do a lot of work on Tumblr so always interested to hear opinions.

4. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Would be cool to follow some folk from here on tumblr. Mine is pitcher-in-the-rye

My tumblr can be a bit NSFW for times because of booty, but I try to tag it as #nsfw, so if that's on your blacklist of tags, it shouldn't be a problem!

5. Hmm. I built my blog on Tumblr initially before I moved it to SquareSpace. I still publish posts to Tumblr, but I think I'm going to stop doing that because it doesn't publish edits to Tumblr. I very frequently have to edit things. I'm sorry for my lack of edits on Tumblr.

6. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I use Tumblr for documenting my video game collection. There's not a whole lot on there so far, but I plan on making weekly posts and reviews starting this week. Retronaut Reviews

7. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

8. Threads

Regular Prestigious

My tumblr

Not really a coherent theme to what I post but if/when I rarely reblog something with NSFW content I tag it as such.

9. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

10. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

11. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I feel like you get out about 1/2 of what you put into it. If you are incredibly active and work to promote your band, people notice and start spreading the word naturally.

The only problem with achieving that level of activity is that you need to always have something to say, have it be relevant, and have it be interesting.

Needless to say I don't get much out of it hahaha

12. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

uglymugmusic.tumblr.com

My Tumblr is only original content, no reblogs. I post mostly covers, original music, and a copious amount of pictures of my dog.

No one is perfect.

13. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

15. Chris1024

Regular

16. chelsealouanne

Regular

I use Tumblr to share my graphics that I make. I have two blogs for this; one is a Sum 41 blog we're the elite of 'just alright' and the other is just muli-fandom that so far consists of The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Charmed, Skins, The O.C., and some other various TV series, actors, and musicians. You can find it at www.tragickigdcm.tumblr.com

If you like any of those things, maybe check them out? :)