Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

TTNG - Disappointment Island (July 8, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 9, 2016.

1. 5Stories

Regular

Defo. It's their best song. And Left Aligned. I really like the vocals when he "sings out" more and there's more emotion and variety in the vocals. I'm not sure about the new album yet. i hope it grows on me.

2. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

this album as a whole is so much better than 13.0.0.0.0

h8bit likes this.
  3. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Very good album

4. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Unfortunately not enjoying the vocals on this.
    Not sure what is different about them but they are weirdly off putting after my first few spins.

5. Gooddayz

always and forever

Destroy the Tabernacle! is an early favorite. I'm really liking this, a much more cohesive album.

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  6. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

They were spot-on Sunday night in Houston

ended on 26 is dancier than 4, which was perfect

7. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Very excited to see them on Saturday. In Praise of Idleness through There's No 'I' in Time is such a great three song grouping.

8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Granted I only listened once but I was not all that into this album. Bummer

9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh shoot I was there. I really loved the setlist they played, but I would have preferred ending with Baboon or If I Sit Sill

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

First of all, we would like to thank our fans for their love and support, Hong Kong Legislators and legal team for their assistance and the media for their concern. After being held in custody for a few hours, we have been released on bail. We will head back to the UK and the USA respectively on Tuesday 9th of May and Wednesday 10th of May, and will be returning to Hong Kong to report back to the Immigration Department on 5th of June.

After last night’s event, we have learnt that it is extremely difficult for musicians to thrive in Hong Kong. It requires an incredible amount of strength and passion to persevere. Hong Kong as we know as an international city with freedom and diversity, should give greater room for creative works and performance to flourish.

That said, we shall not be discouraged, instead we will continue to travel and share our music with the world. We sincerely hope that we will be welcomed by more fans and music lovers rather than law enforcers at our possible future performances in Hong Kong.

Thank you for your support! We are so grateful for how helpful and supportive everyone has been to us. We are thankful for the kindness and compassion everyone in Hong Kong has shown to us.

- TTNG, Mylets

5Stories, h8bit and cwhit like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What the hell. Man what a shitty situation all around.

13. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Love this band so much. Such a shame this happened.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

amorningofsleep likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Actually really excited for these

17. strangeterrain

Regular

Booo to preorder shirts being white. New version of Gibbon sounds real great though

18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Is this with Henry on vocals or the original vocalist?

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Sounds like the original vocalist :teethsmile::teethsmile::teethsmile:

20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah that's what it sounded like when I heard Gibbon, but I'm like how did they do this? Are these old recordings?

21. strangeterrain

Regular

Gooddayz, Gjpeace and incognitojones like this.
  22. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I love Animals, one of my favorite math rock albums of all time tbh. Definitely need to see them.

Gooddayz likes this.
  23. Gooddayz

always and forever

24. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I'm gonna hit 2 of these shows, one of my favorite albums ever. Very cool they are back with Stu!

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i love this so much. lol

Gooddayz likes this.