Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trump Shares Inflammatory Anti-Muslim Videos

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The New York Times:

President Trump shared videos on Twitter early Wednesday morning that supposedly portray Muslims committing acts of violence, images that are likely to fuel anti-Islam sentiments popular among the president’s political base in the United States and that prompted the office of Britain’s prime minister to issue a statement condemning the tweets.

Every day is some new “what the fuck is wrong with this asshole?” moment. Remember when waking up didn’t fill you with dread as you reached for your phone to see what notifications were sitting there waiting for you?

2. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

He retweeted it from a far right British group as well. The two leaders of said group have been arrested mutiple times for creating disturbances outside mosques and racism.

Donald is an absolute moron and Britain First are a disgusting organisation.

Penguin and SamLevi11 like this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I actually don't remember how that feels. My wife used to be completely unaware of most political developments pre-2015, and now it's gotten to the point where I've tried to convince her to disable her news notifications because it doesn't do either of us any good to get as pissed off as we do anytime the phone lights up.

MrAirplane likes this.
  4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The only thing that makes me sadder than him being president is knowing there are people that still support him.

5. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Not only has supporters, but is fairly representative of the average Republican voter, the vast majority of whom continue to approve of him no matter what insanity comes out of his mouth. I don't think I've ever seen him dip below 80% in that demographic. (Vanity Fair had it at 83% a month ago -- I haven't bothered to look it up since. Too goddamned depressing, honestly.)

AshlandATeam likes this.
  6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I had lunch recently with a Trump voting friend of mine. She literally didn't know anything from the last few months - she doesn't watch the news, has a job/family/personal problems, and was blissfully unaware of his comments and actions since sometime around June.

Which I think is contributing to people supporting him. And is absolutely, patently unfair. If the rest of us have to suffer the knowledge of who he is, it only seems right that the people who put him in office do too.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

There is literally nothing Trump promised his supporters that he hasn't backpedaled on or simply failed to deliver, so I firmly believe the only possible justification for continuing to support him is profound ignorance as channeled through a "take that, libtards" attitude. He promised to give everyone healthcare, then stumped for bills that tried to take it away. He promised middle class tax cuts, and is now trying to ultimately raise taxes on the middle class. He promised a wall, then admitted in leaked phone calls that the wall was his albatross, a stupid idea for stupid people. He promised to get tough on China, then slobbered all over them as soon as they gave him tummy rubs. He promised to be a dealmaker who eschews executive orders, then exclusively relied on reconciliation and executive orders. He promised to be a hard worker, then went full Geriatric Floridian on his work-to-golf ratio. Like, it's fucking obscene.

8. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

This, exactly. His supporters are either staying with him due to pride and/or the fact they got conned and have to keep up the ruse that he’s doing great.

slickdtc, AshlandATeam and tyramail like this.
  9. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Gen Handley and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

There’s a lyric from same obscure band from ATL? With the lyrics “god dammit, god god dammit all” and this is literally a soundtrack for trump news.

Also can ANYBODY tell me who sings that song pleeeeeaaaaaaaaad

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Casual reminder that Britain First are evil and one of their supporters shot dead a British MP called Jo Cox in the street, as she was campaigning for Britain to remain in the EU.

Trump should never step foot in the UK/Great Britain again for this. Burn his golf course down, IDC.

Aaron Mook, Honeymagnolia and MrCon like this.
  12. DutchDynamite

Don't live your life like a sad country song

As a Dutch guy, I feel abused.

13. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

If you guys could somehow stop your president legitimising the views of right wing extremists in our country, that would be just lovely!

Less sarcastically, what the hell is wrong with him? His tweets are like a child who always has to get the last word. It's pathetic.

MrAirplane and SamLevi11 like this.
  14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

...continuing to raise the bar for assholes everywhere.

15. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Hey, while everyone is on the subject, the GOP Tax Bill is being debated in the senate right now. It's still up in the air as to whether or not they have the votes to pass this thing, and it would be great for all of us making less than a million dollars a year if we could prevent it from becoming law.

Right now, the best thing we can do is call our Senators. The switchboard that will direct you to yours is at (202) 224-3121.

Alternatively, I use the app called "5 Calls" to get direct lines to each of my Senators' offices, and it also gives you some stats on how many calls and stuff you make, which is kinda nice.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. Stopping this thing this week means they won't be able to address it for a while, as there's the impending government shutdown and elections that could take priority heading into January.

Oh, and if you think that punk rock doesn't mix with politics....you're wrong. ha.

DandonTRJ likes this.
  16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

17. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter