Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trump Says Transgender People Will Not Be Allowed in the Military

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The New York Times:

President Trump announced on Wednesday that the United States will no longer “accept or allow” transgender people in the United States military, saying American forces “must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory” and could not afford to accommodate them.

Another day, another disgrace. It’s also worth nothing that the “cost” argument is bullshit.

2. What a guy.

Raku and fenway89 like this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Pretty confused—was a policy enacted or did he just tweet about what he wants to do?

Raku likes this.
  4. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

cant stand the trump hate anymore

Raku likes this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

You don't think "Trump hate" is warranted after he tweets something like this?

6. You mean Trump hating citizens or citizens hating Trump?

Actually, looking at your old posts, I think I know.

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Turning people away who want to risk their lives fighting for the protection of Americans is sickening.

Sincerely believe he is the worst president we've ever had, and will ever see.

8. Spenny

Regular

This dude is the most vile human being on earth. It's no wonder that America has become the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow. Can't believe that.

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  11. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Apparently this was all done to save his spending bill. Conservatives didn't want the Pentagon funding gender re-assignement surgery. So they do an end around and go to the White House directly, hoping he could get that bit removed - and instead he just bans transgender individuals from the military entirely.

Report: Trump banned transgender troops to save spending bill

"Conservative Republicans asked more moderate figures, including Paul Ryan and Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, to intervene to prevent the Pentagon from funding gender reassignment treatments, but found themselves consistently rebuffed — leading them to contact the White House directly."

"Trump's decision to apparently expel all transgender individuals from military service was far beyond what conservative Republicans were asking for regarding the spending bill."

12. can't stand that people are supporting him still

Mr. Serotonin, Penguin, Mike and 5 others like this.
  13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

He's such a piece of shit.

Vivatoto likes this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

What do you even expect lol?

fenway89 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

He is god awful

but also this, I'm so confused because I don't know if he can/did just do that out of the blue

coleslawed, Vivatoto and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  16. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

this year in politics is starting to make me feel very dumb- does he actually even have the power to just say something like this and then it is law? i really didn't think so but it seems like everyone is very much treating it as a real law that is happening.

CoffeeEyes17 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

He's a total fucking disgrace to the office and to America. He goes against everything this community stands for.

The end.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm assuming you have sight and/or vision right? Like you have seen how disasterous his presidency has been in a short 6 months? It's fucking unreal. Anyone who still supports this guy is obviously a shitty person. I hate generalizing but come on man.. this guy is a total disgrace to this country and the amount of ignorance and arrogance is baffling. It's worse than I even expected and that says a lot. I would bet all my belongings that Trump will go down as one of the worst presidents of all time.

Oh and I haven't even began on his evil and morally bankrupt administration filled with hypocrites..

Vivatoto likes this.
  19. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

20. Raditz

SSJ

Fool! Any good Saiyan knows you let all of your genders equally fight for your species! It means a bigger, more efficient army! Hmph, this is why you earthlings will be inferior to us Saiyans always

Raku, Aaron Mook, Spenny and 9 others like this.
  21. Raditz

SSJ

It's not anyone's fault but his own your leader has the people skills of Frieza and the intelligence of Yajirobe

Raku, coleslawed, Aaron Mook and 13 others like this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder if the "military experts" that Trump consulted with featured that Blackwater motherfucker Erik Prince. Guy is fucking insane and legitimately evil to the core.

23. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Crazy that this is real. Like literally insane. Can't imagine how a transgender soldier already in the military is feeling right now.

24. bloodinthesand

Regular

You have know idea. I live in a small town where people spray paint their cars with trump's name or if they have more money they will put white stickers across the whole back window saying TRUMP! Wtf

25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I wish Flash wasn't shutting down so people could keep making online games bashing trump. Those early-2000s Bush years were a great time (in flash games I mean)

St. Nate likes this.