Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

True Detective (HBO) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, May 25, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

True. I am very excited about him headlining this.

I have to give it to the Season 2 actors though - I thought for the most part they all turned in compelling performances. It was everything going on around them and sometimes what they were saying that let them down. Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn were great, and Rachel McAdams was fantastic in what felt like a wasted part to me. I think it would have been a good choice to focus on just Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn's characters, just those two similar to how Season 1 really focused on McConnaughey and Harrelson's characters, with one on each side of the law this time. Rachel McAdams needed a whole season of her own.

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Jeremy Sauliner being involved has me hopefull, I feel like he wouldn’t get involved if he didn’t like what he was directing since he’s been doing very well on his own. He was supposed to direct half the season but then only ended up doing the first two though so idk

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Taylor Kitsch was so fucking boring that I think everyone forgets he was one of the main characters

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Honestly I forget almost everything from season 2

OotyPa likes this.
  5. Brother Beck Aug 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2018)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

HA - this is kind of true. I did remember him it was just that I literally had nothing to say about him. I don't think he's s very strong actor and also his role kinda suffered from the same thing as Rachel McAdams' role. The season should have focused on only two of them and saved the other two and their corresponding storylines for another season. I remember being particularly dissappointed in the stuff with Rachel McAdams' charcter's father played by David Morse not going anywhere and being totally underexplored.

I don't think Taylor Kitsch is a terrible actor but I do not think he's leading man material. No charisma whatsoever. He's one of those guys like Sam Worthington who inexplicably kept getting picked as the lead in stuff despite very obviously not being leading man material and just not having the chops.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It was kind of funny seeing how Jeremy Saulnier talked about this in his recent AMA. Someone asked if Macon Blair was in it and he said no and that’s probably why it was such a bad experience.

Night Channels and local_corn like this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kyle Max likes this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

Ugh, looks so good.

10. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

tentatively in. love Ali, McNairy and Dominik but man does Nick Pizzalotto suck

715creeks likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just started reading The Conspiracy Against the Human Race after re-watching S1 in it's entirety.

Rust Cohle is one of my favorite TV characters of all time and apparently the philosophy in that book was a huge inspiration for Nic Pizzolatto when writing the show.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Didnt Pizzolatto straight up steal excerpts of that book for Rust's dialogue?

13. Serenity Now

Had not heard that. That'd be weak. I guess I'll see soon.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

....He had to convince him of that?

Sigh.

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I know Pizzolatto is a fuck but that article definitely feels clickbaity. The story takes place in the past in rural Arkansas and its reasonable to be skeptical of a black lead cop existing in that kind of setting. I get the feeling this is what Ali is trying to say rather than out Pizzolatto as having racist tendencies.

17. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Ahh, thank you for the clarity. I did that modern internet thing where I read the clickbaity headline and not the article because I didn’t have the time to read it yet and thus I’ve developed a misinformed response.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Totally feel you lol. Too many pieces of shit out there, it gets exhausting to read full articles and keep informed.

Nyquist likes this.
  19. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I’m checking out the premiere on 12/18. Getting excited.

Serenity Now likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing episodes 1 and 2 tonight. I'll try and share some thoughts after if I get a chance.

Joe likes this.
  21. Wait, it starts this weekend?!

Edit: never mind, it’s January. Please share your thoughts if you can.

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Jeremy Saulnier did the first two episodes, so I expect overwhelmingly positive reviews and hype that will set a bar too high and the rest of the season will be a let down

Doomsday likes this.
  23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So pumped for this to come out already!!

24. Serenity Now

I’m in for S3. I can pretend S2 never happened if need be.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It happened so long ago I might as well