Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

True Detective (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, May 25, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Ali + Milch would have me very, very interested

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I like it.

3. I'll check it out.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Also of note is that Ali was confirmed to have closed a deal to star

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

iirc the HBO Boss loved season 2's scripts as well haha

truelovewaits likes this.
  7. "TV executive says script is garbage but will make show anyway" is not a headline you're ever going to see.

tucah and I Am Mick like this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love the first season of this. Hoping for a third season!

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

whoa Sauliner. wonder if I can pull off watching only his episodes. plus I'll always welcome Mahershala on my screens.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Sauliner definitely has me more interested then I was before. Very curious now

11. Night Channels

Trusted

I never thought I'd get back into this, but Saulnier has been outstanding. I'm really excited for Hold the Dark and now this...

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Saulnier is an interesting pick and hey, it might only be one episode but any new David Milch material is more than welcome. Cautiously in.

a nice person likes this.
  13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

My theory is that season 1 was Nic Pizzolatto's passion project that he wrote and re-wrote many times over the course of many years. And it shows. Season 2 was thrust upon him with a tight deadline after the initial success. That's difficult when you're writing an anthology series that starts from scratch every season. I will watch the new season because I'm generally a completist when it comes to movie franchises and tv series. I've watched season 1 about 5 times and season 2 only twice.

Serenity Now likes this.
  14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I never even watched Season 2. It appears I didn't miss much?

15. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The writing/plot was subpar and confusing as hell. I don't blame the actors at all. Overall, just a huge step down in quality.

kyle likes this.
  16. drewinseries

Drew

It's clear that season 1 is far better, but I thought season 2 was still super enjoyable.

17. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Season 2 sucked. Thought I was done with this show, but I have to admit the combination of Saulnier, Milch, and Ali is certainly compelling.

18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Whoa, I'm stoked for this now.

19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Please cast Macon Blair.

I Am Mick likes this.
  20. Anthony_

I don't think that there will be an issue with this season similar to season 2. Season 2 was a letdown because Pizzolatto was put under immense pressure to deliver a follow-up to what was essentially a bonafide phenomenon on a way shorter timeline than he had written the original on. Some people can handle pressure like that, it looked like he couldn't. Either way, he's had years to work on a potential third season with literally no outside pressure on him. With Ali, Saulnier, and Milch on board, I'm thinking that this will be at least pretty good if not very good-to-great. Will definitely be watching.

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Very pumped for the third season

22. Joe Sep 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2017)
    I'm pretty optimistic about this. Love Saulnier.

local_corn likes this.
  23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Glad this is happening!

24. Anthony_

Also the fact that HBO gave Pizzolatto essentially an open production agreement similar to what Larry David has tells me they probably realize they messed last time by forcing season 2 so quickly. If they didn't believe in him or thought it was all his fault they wouldn't have done that, I don't think.

25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

The Ozark setting is an odd choice given the Netflix series of the same name is already a "gritty crime" series, and pretty good to boot. I'm in tho