Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

True Detective (HBO) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, May 25, 2016.

1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I love so very much that they use their dad's last name and don't openly capitalize on their mom's fame

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The dolls reminded me too much of the twig statue things from S1 but that's my only real complaint at this point. Mahershala Ali is killing it. So is Stephen Dorff.

The Alzheimer's thing makes me sad

3. drewinseries

Drew

From the wise words of Kacey Musgraves, I don’t mind a slow burn.

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Forgot to say I loved these first two episodes. And yea, the Alzheimer aspect is actually the most terrifying part of the story for me so far.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The interviewer mentioned the crooked spiral from S1, I think the dolls thing may have been an attempt to indicate that perhaps S1 and S3 occur within the same universe, as she says that they've seen things like this before in other cases. If that was not why they did it, I would agree that it seems lazy, but it didn't really bother me. This season already, much like S1, has a very subtle way of making me very very uneasy while watching.

BirdPerson, local_corn and aoftbsten like this.
  6. Serenity Now

AGREE. The uneasy feeling is sprinkled throughout. The music is great at doing that.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean we're all waiting for the eventual Matty Mc/Woody cameo in the finale right

8. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It’s all part of the True Detective Extended Universe.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I cannot wait for episode 3.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Colin Farrell’s son was the killer all along!

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Stan was behind everything all along. STAN!

12. Serenity Now

don't you toy with me like that

13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

At that point, they can’t really call it an anthology show, right?

I’m 95% sure this case isn’t related to season 1. I wouldn’t hate it, but I just think that’s too big a course correction from Nick. He knows season 2 was a mess, but I don’t think he would resort to that.

14. American Horror Story is still considered an anthology I think, and they decided to connect seasons.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Eh, semantics. Pizzaboy isn’t known for his tactful writing so I could see it. It’d certainly be discussed all over

16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am afraid to go back and watch Season 2 again, because as time has gone on I look back on that season and remember the good stuff while the bad stuff has mostly slipped my mind. I remember absolutely loving the performances by Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn and Rachel McAdams, and really enjoying each of their characters. I do recall cringing and rolling my eyes at some of the dialogue, and I remember thinking it was RIDICULOUS - like SNL parody level ridiculous - when Vince Vaughn's Frank Semyon was very upset over some random henchman being dead who had literally nothing to do with anything. I recently rewatched Season 1 and for me that season just gets better and better every time.

If the case from Season 3 is related to the case from Season 1, I personally hope it is only very tangentially. As much as I loved both McConaughey and Harrelson in Season 1, I really would not want to see them make a cameo here in this current season. I like the idea of each season being it's own separate thing.

aoftbsten and angrycandy like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This is already so much better than s2.

18. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Season 1 is among the best mini series ever. Season 2 is just bad and uninteresting.

19. Serenity Now

Hell yea on S1. Rust Cohle is one of the best fictional characters of all time.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i didnt even finish S2. I eventually just read how it ended. I couldnt keep putting myself through that.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think I stopped after about 3 episodes of season two. The performances were solid, but I remember thinking it was way too convoluted and mostly uninteresting. In the end, I just kind of forgot to keep up with it.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Cant wait for tonights episode

23. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I was watching this a bit delayed on Hulu last night, when the episode ended, instead of seeing the credits/ next week preview, it jumped directly into the last like 20 minutes of High Maintenance, and I truly thought I was still watching this show. I was so confused until I figured out what happened.

The funny thing is, I was fully invested in trying to figure out who these characters are and how they fit in.

yung_ting and OotyPa like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lolll. High Maintenance is an excellent show though. Definitely worth checking on its own.

25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Honestly I am in on it! I wanted to see what happened! That show somehow was just never on my radar

OotyPa likes this.