Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Troye Sivan - Bloom (August 31, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jan 18, 2018.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Wow those two Spotify tracks were soooo good

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Any idea who the female vocalist is in the Spotify version of Bloom?

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Two new one!? Nice.

4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Kaela Sinclair

5. irthesteve

6. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I haven't been able to watch the Boy Erased trailer yet because someone said it made them cry and I'm not ready for that. I need to be at home where no one can see haha. I'm going to be a mess at the theater.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i love it. such a good song

9. midnightxtaylor

Regular

1.7 million views in just a few hours. Insane.

10. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Also, DTT video is up to over 11 million views wut

11. irthesteve

Target gets two bonus tracks and alt cover art

12. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I am going to have like four copies of this album at this point. Preorder bundle, album with ticket purchases, and Target edition.

Contender likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I might actually get the ultimate bunde. Vinyl, t shirt, & book for $60? uh sure why not

14. midnightxtaylor

Regular

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. midnightxtaylor

Regular

ummmm.

I LOVE THIS

16. Jusscali

It’s alright

17. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Got an email from Spotify saying that because I am one of Troye's "biggest fans" I have access to a Spotify exclusive violet vinyl. I am so tempted, even though I already have several copies.

Also, it's release week! Hard to believe it's finally here since My My My came out in January.

Contender and irthesteve like this.
  18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

animal is now of my partner and i’s relationship songs. it’s so cute.

19. This album would've been a perfect example for the article about "hype" that was posted the other day. I can't think of a worse music campaign right now. The first single was released in January, and he already had a slot on SNL... while he only had two songs recorded for the upcoming album, which still isn't out for a few days! What a mess.

Now that I think about it, the one for Dua Lipa was sad as well, she got lucky "New Rules" had a viral music video otherwise she would've been another young singer whose debut album gets cancelled at the last minute. Major labels can be so frustrating.

Contender likes this.
  20. midnightxtaylor

Regular

While I agree that it wasn't the best move to release a single so far in advance (SNL approached him and offered him the spot though, was he supposed to turn it down?), I don't agree that there's no hype. Bloom has 10 million views and Dance To This has 53 million, he's been on every possible magazine cover over the past few months, every time a song was released it was trending on Twitter, every day this week he's been posting little countdown clips on Instagram, there's an album cover mural being painted on a building in LA that people are already taking photos in front of, he has his own app where he's been posting bts and lyrics consistently, etc. I feel like the campaign is going really well.

21. I do hope it will do well, the thing is that it could've done better if it had been released in Spring like it was first supposed to. This era started in such a "big pop singer" way (full blown pop lead single, wasted SNL slot) that when his team started dragging it out, it felt like they just threw all the ideas they had, and hoped that something would randomly catch on. As you say, all the promotional stuff happening right now with the apps, etc. is cool but it only caters to his fanbase, whereas the GP doesn't care about it.

Since January, there must have been +50 pre-album interviews with the same headlines and questions over and over again, and many more photoshoots, which is good for him I guess, but I doubt those are the things that are helping him reach a new audience. I don't blame him, he's doing what he can to earn money while struggling to get this out. I want him to succeed as much as possible and it's a shame that he's suffering from mismanagement.

At the end of the day, as long as the album is good, all those complaints won't matter anymore. It's just frustrating that it got to the point where I had forgotten that it was coming out, as I avoided the pre-release singles he put out at one point. Worse than that, there won't be much left to promote once the album's out. Half of it has already been released and unless another mainstream-leaning song becomes a single this fall, this era will already almost be over, which in 2018 feels so wrong for a pop artist on the rise.

I could go on and on, as I didn't even mention the shockingly bland artwork (compared to some of the gorgeous and more distinctive photoshoots he could've used instead) and the few controversies that I suppose not many people are aware of.

Oops, this rant went longer than I expected to. I'm just trying to explain everything that went wrong while looking at it through a young pop artist perspective. I've been hoping for a new queer singer to become huge, and I get a little more wordy when it doesn't happen as soon as I expected.

22. Jusscali

Want this now dudeeeee

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  23. Contender

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Shit! I thought it was a stream lol

25. Contender