Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trophy Eyes - The American Dream (August 3, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, May 29, 2018.

1. SPine

Trusted

Definitely like CM more but I still enjoyed this

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

This is a great album.

3. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Going to have to agree that Miming In The Choir is a bit of a bruiser.

bachna84 likes this.
  4. don't fret Aug 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2018)
    don't fret

Not sure how more people aren't talking about this album, not even a review or mention on the front page. I feel like this has bits of Gaslight/Brand New/ even some Bleachers vibes on it.

5. I'm working on a review for it currently

6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

This record sounds like exactly none of those bands.

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

In any case, goddamn this is such a good album. I wasn’t even into them before, but now I’m checking out their previous work because of this album.

Analog Drummer and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Chemical Miracle is fantastic.

9. don't fret

I totally hear some Bleachers influence in More like you, some old Brand new in A Cotton Candy Sky, and Gaslight vibes maybe more lyrically sprinkled throughout. But to each their own :poop:

10. Fixed Glitch

Cotton Candy Sky is an incredible song.

beachdude42 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Fixed Glitch

Did you skip this song? Honestly? I see no other way that anyone could say that this is a bad song.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Genuinely didn't like it at first. Now I quite like it :)

13. Mustache_Band

Broken is currently the song stuck in my head the most. I get a bit of an Anberlin vibe from this record.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I have gone from hating Lavender Bay to loving that song now. This is Integrity Blues all over again.

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Look at you! A changed man!

16. beachdude

So glad to see this growing on people already. It’s honestly a great album that already means a lot to me.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I won't sleep until Sydney knows my naaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Nah I haven't had such a visceral negative reaction to an album and come back around to it since the last Jimmy Eat World album. I think I just had certain expectations for this album, and it didn't meet those, but is very good in a different way.

After what I told you on twitter, my girlfriend is very pleased haha.

18. Analog Drummer

Regular

I truly don’t see anything beating this for my AOTY. Every song so different and so fun. Can’t stop listening

19. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This album has grown on me a massive amount the past few days. Never listened to this band before The American Dream, so I checked out Chemical Miracle as well. Some great songs on there, but I think this new one is a lot better.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. I keep coming back to this, way more than I thought I would. After seeing them with Neck Deep, the songs have a whole new life. Really hoping to hear "I Can Feel It Calling" when they come back with Seaway.

Nate_Johnson and beachdude like this.
  21. Joshua

Regular

I think this album shines very well live. The band seemed genuinely happier than they did the first couple times I saw them, so it's cool to see them play songs they genuinely love playing. Lavander bay, more like you, and Friday forever sounded much better live to me, and I dont get the vibe that they're just phoning this sound for radio plays, john is still swinging those arms around

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this album for the first time ever today bc someone in the ADTR thread commented on how their new song ripped off Count On Me.

Well...turns out I really like this album haha.

monrovian likes this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

I've never really listened to previous albums so cant really comment but this always stuck with me

24. holy fucking shit

(terrible live quality)

I got incredibly strong The Audition vibes

25. beachdude

Apparently the studio version just premiered on Triple J in Australia a few hours ago... I need it!

thenewmatthewperry likes this.