Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trophy Eyes - Chemical Miracle (10/14/2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Yellowcard2006, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

This album is really great.

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

This is cool. Never listened to them before.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Listened on repeat in the car this weekend. I think my favorite thing about this record is they touch on so many different styles/genres I really like and yet it meshes so well. Don't see myself slowing down on the listening frequency any time soon.

4. MegT585

Trusted

Somehow just discovered this band in the past few days. I'm already obsessed and can't stop listening. I agree that the different styles/genres work together perfectly. Stoked for them to tour with Moose Blood in the spring.

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I was inspired to check this album out after listening to Lead Singer Syndrome with Shane and John. Seems like a really cool guy. I really like this record and how they are one of these crossover acts that mix alternative, pop punk and melodic hardcore but the selling point for me is definitely John's vocals. He reminds me a lot of Chuck Ragan in Hot Water Music. I highly recommend this album for anyone into any of the genres I mentioned.

SamLevi11 and redwing91007 like this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a massive fan of this band and album, and actually pre-ordered it purely on the basis of hearing Chlorine when it was uploaded to YouTube. Just listened to the podcast and it's really interesting. Had no idea this was recorded in Thailand or that John was so addicted to drink and drugs beforehand. Met him a little while back and he's a fantastically nice and appreciative dude.

This definitely stands as one of my favourite albums of last year and they are so good live too.

MegT585 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  7. redwing91007

Spun this last night after listening to the podcast and seeing this thread come back alive. Still holds up as my #2 from last year, behind only Touche Amore. I'll be listening more in preparation to see them at Warped. Probably my most anticipated set of the day and an absolute can't miss.

MegT585 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. MegT585

Trusted

I was tempted to go to Warped Tour just to see them, but I am waiting for another US tour instead.

redwing91007 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. redwing91007

I got to catch them right before Chemical Miracle dropped opening up for The Amity Affliction. Then they canceled their date with Moose Blood so I haven't seen them since the record came out. It's a no-brainer for me, who knows when they will be back (hearing December though).

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I would kill to see a tour with Trophy Eyes and Hot Water Music. It could happen because HWM is writing a new record.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely catch them if you can. I've seen them twice on this record cycle and it's been brilliant both times.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is a really good album and a pretty good band too. Just got into them last week.

redwing91007 likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think you meant to say really good band as well! ;-p

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  14. MattNCheeze

Trusted

rejammed this the other night and its so gewd.

15. Not sure where to post this but they just released a new single and it is not all that good... this album still rules though.

16. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Wait wait wait... I just listened to all 3 of those songs thinking this was Trophy Scars

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Sounds like a mid-era Taking Back Sunday ballad, like something from New Again. Don't mind it really, as it's a standalone single and I'm happy with them experimenting before the new album and working things out.