Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trophy Eyes - Chemical Miracle (10/14/2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Yellowcard2006, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Yellowcard2006 Aug 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

New single, Chlorine

Pre-order
    Chemical Miracle : HLR0 : Trophy Eyes

2nd song released from album

I love Mend, Move On and was recently wondering when they'd put out new music and here it is! Song is very cool and it's interesting how fewer screaming vocals there are, I like it.

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

weird i waas just checking these guys out again the other day. didn't get into the last full-length but i might check it

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  3. Checkered Aug 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2016)
    Checkered

Regular

Yeah song is good.

Sounds like a combo of Have Mercy and Basement

4. bedwettingcosmo

i dunno, he should have just dropped the screaming if he's gonna go clean. sounds kind of awkward to me when he mixes the two. i will probably still check this out though.

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

We'll have to see if this is a style change or just something that worked better for this song. If you listen to the last album and their EP cutting screaming/harsh vocals entirely would be very surprising and disappointing for many fans I think.

Kinda like when Polar Bear Club changed the vocal style on Death Chorus. I wonder if performing their songs was taking too much of a toll on the singer's voice. I dig the band either way but this might be their way of pleasing new and old fans.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really like this. The lyrical content is great and I think this is a very well written song, the end felt like a real "moment" to me. The vocals as well as great, the introduction of a mix of the screams and the clean singing is done is a very non-cheesy way.

Instantly really looking forward to this now.

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really people who dig Have Mercy, Basement, Citizen, Superheaven, etc all get on this release because I'd love to see them blow up a little.

8. Jose

weightless in the valley

"Chlorine" is my favorite song of the year. I need another single and the record in my ears like now.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

coming back to this for the first time since my initial listen. like it a lot more.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely my favourite song this year. Cannot get enough.

Lyrically I think this is brilliant too.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

New song!

Adding in a lot of clean vocals makes their songs a lot easier to listen to. I love their last album but having something that is less harsh is great.

12. Jose

weightless in the valley

Not sure I'll like this more than "Chlorine," but I dig the vibe of the song. I love this album art so much.

13. skoopy

Regular

Man Chlorine is just a stunning song that I can't get enough of. By comparison the new one is not quite as good but I'm still stoked for the new sound there going for. This became very anticipated for me when it was originally just something I might look into.

Jose likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

yah im very interested to see what this thing is like

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I've heard that guitar line in the verses SOMEWHERE...just can't place it

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'm really really enjoying this too. Can't wait for my pre-order to arrive.

17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Seeing them tonight for the first time, pretty damn stoked. Anything you want me to ask them if I see them around the venue?

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be interested to know if they plan to tour the UK but that seems a selfish question haha.

redwing91007 likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

4 songs in and this is pretty stellar.

20. redwing91007

Listened once through and I really enjoyed, I'll try and give it another spin later today but I think this is the record that officially makes me a Trophy Eyes fan for good.

21. OotyPa

fall away

Rain On Me is so good

Still really love Breathe You In

22. solxace

oh word?

love this whole record

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

My vinyl arrived today, it's really really cool (Made to look half underwater). This is so good, Chlorine might be my favourite song all year.

24. redwing91007

Gave this plenty of spins over the weekend, still really enjoying it.

25. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Awesome album. Really impressed with the growth since the last album.