Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trophy Eyes – “Hurt”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. youngplanetary

this sounds like U2 to me and I can't tell if that's good or not haha

3. ale5875

Regular

Definitely not good. I guess it's supposed to be a catchy alt-rock tune, but this is definitely not catchy and not good.

youngplanetary likes this.
  4. youngplanetary

like, normally I'd be down with a band exploring that kind of sound, but this just sounds like...half baked? Idk but I love their older stuff and this just sounds like an entirely different band ya know?

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

After glancing and thinking this said Trophy Scars I could not be more disappointed

6. ale5875

Regular

Yeah, same! Chemical Miracle is one of my favourite releases from 2016. I'm not saying they should stick to that exact sound (although I'd probably be down for that too), but this song is just straight up boring and predictable (in the unpredictability of this change in sound, that is).

youngplanetary likes this.
  7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Pretty different from the intensity of Mend, Move On. Prefer when they do songs with a mix of screaming/singing. I like it but would feel disappointed if a whole album was in this vain. Chemical Miracle still had a nice mix of soft/loud.

8. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I like it but Chemical Miracle was top notch.

9. shogunTORTOISE Nov 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2017)
    shogunTORTOISE

Regular

The band and Hopeless were hyping the hell out of it on social media. Easily one of the most boring tracks I've heard all year.

10. Chemical Miracle was one of the best pop punk records I've heard in years (besides the over-compressed mix)... this song is half-assed.

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like it, but it would be like the 8th best track on Chemical Miracle.

12. Histrionics

I really like this song.

13. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Song is pretty cool. Never really got into their older stuff though.

14. youngplanetary

Exactly! It's just...odd haha idk how else to describe it

15. Apparently they just switched drummers... you can tell, if that guy wrote this song. He's playing way more in the pocket than Cal (I think that was his name??) ever did.