Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tried to Warn You This Guy Sucked • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2017.

1. ale5875

Regular

I mean, cheating on your girlfriend is quite shitty, but it's not like we should stop listening to every band that has a cheater in their lineup. I'm sure 99% of the bands you listen to feature at least one member that cheated on their girl/boyfriend once in their life.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  2. Meltingplastic

So not trying to sound ignorant but can someone tell me what cis stands for? I've seen it a few times on this site but don't fully think I understand the term. Basically since I was born with make genitalia and identify as a male, I'm cis?

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. Identifying with the gender you were assigned at birth.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Meltingplastic

Okay thanks for confirming

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

He is a sellout but he couldn't even do that right.

tyramail likes this.
  6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Did you miss the part where he encouraged them to self harm and she specifically states he was emotionally abusive or

7. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Yeah, a bit off topic but that George Washington line coming from the loser in Turnover...L M A O.

8. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

to add to what lightning (correctly) said, something a lot of people don't know is that sex != gender. sex = biological characteristics (which themselves are not binary), gender = social construct (also very not binary)

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Everyone's a let down
    It just depends on how far down they can go

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I've wanted to ask for months ever since I started seeing Korn news posted on a regular basis. It's great and very neat to see a metal band from the early 2000's get coverage in a non-mocking way. Are you / were you a fan of Korn, or are they the only early 2000's band that news gets submitted about?

Note: don't mean to derail the thread

11. jba

The band is also still tight with Harry Corrigan.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. personalmaps

Truly a classic in the shitty band dude lexicon. One of my absolute favorite things to mock.

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

No shit this dude sucks. But that turnover stuff is pretty stupid, sounds a lot more like relationship drama to me. Ecspeically since I know how quickly people on this site like to jump to conclusions and hyper-judge.

Raku and ale5875 like this.
  14. ale5875

Regular

I've just reread the whole thing and, I don't know, it seems I'm still missing the part where he encourages her to self-harm.

15. personalmaps

"Eric drove me to relapse...three times"
    "Eric seems to target women who are vulnerable and therefore easily manipulated."
    "Eric Soucy will... use his position in a popular band to make himself look sensitive, deep, and like he would never lie to you."

Textbook emotional abuse. Using your platform in a popular band to convince someone to stay with you, to keep them from speaking out against you is not "relationship drama." It's vile. I have faith that y'all aren't this dense.

16. Wonders if will get the irony in post :chin:

(Looks at posting history... nope.)

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. ale5875

Regular

This is the girl's version. It might be (or rather, it undoubtedly is, since the girl is a human being, as are you and I) partial and biased towards her perspective. Nowhere in the texts is Eric encouraging her to self-harm. From those texts, which are also quite out of context which makes it harder to form an impartial opinion, it seems to me that Eric is being fake and trying to win her over although he doesn't really feel much more than physical attraction for her. She tells him that she relapsed into cutting because of his cheating. He fakes being mortified by it. Quite a shitty behaviour, but still not more than relationship drama to me.

josh- likes this.
  18. Nah, I don't gaslight women and threaten to kill myself so they don't break up me when caught cheating.

Stop defending shitty things all over the site. That's what is toxic.

19. Some of you shouldn't be in relationships if you think that is normal drama btw.

fenway89, Kiana, Aaron Mook and 11 others like this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

*cheer emojis* nailed it

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Chinesefood

Regular

How are you gonna drag an entire band for the guitarist having a dysfunctional relationship?

ale5875 likes this.
  22. dumpweed41

I mean I'm not going to say he's a good guy or doing good things but I also didn't see any claims that he threatened to kill himself?

23. Look at the last texts again.

24. dumpweed41

I should just die? Does that pass as a threat? It feels like a little bit of a stretch.

Isn't the fact that he's cheating on her enough to make him an asshole?

25. marissalg

Trusted

Anyway here are some bands from Buffalo that are actually worth your time
    (their singers all believe the earth is round as far as I know so already better than Shaant)