Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tried to Warn You This Guy Sucked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot May 4, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Shaant Hacikyan of Cute is What We Aim For, on Twitter:

Hey, most claims of sexism/racism are total bullshit. This isn’t the 1960’s. Please get a grip.

And:

Ok, CIS is akin to BAE. Both may be amongst the popular vernacular but they aren’t real. They’re superficial labels.

Yeah, fuck right off. I once heard he cried when his band locked him out of the studio during a recording session for one of their shitty albums because even they couldn’t stand him..

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I literally created a twitter account right now just so I could call him a moron.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, because both sexism and racism disappeared from the face of the Earth in the 1970's.

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I remember liking this band, but fucking yikes. Can't defend comments like those at all.

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hollllly shit, wow.

6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

"Yeah, fuck right off. I once heard he cried when his band locked him out of the studio during a recording session for one of their shitty albums because even they couldn’t stand him.."

hahahahah. he should also be embarrassed that he still puts 'singer of cuteiswhatweaimfor' in his twitter bio. seems like he gets his "facts" from reddit

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow what an idiot

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

He's actually a fucking nightmare.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Did we just witness the republican parties next nominee ?

10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

It would be nice to see him blacklisted from future tours.

11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I like that Keith Buckley called him out

12. shea

RIP Supporter

Keith being awesome as usual.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 5.23.50 PM.png

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Keith is my idol.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Was just gonna post that! Here's this too

15. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm embarrassed I ever liked his shit band. But I could tell he was a twat even when I was 16. What a desperate grab for relevancy at all.

16. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

My respect and adoration of Keith Buckley (and the rest of ETID) will never cease.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The guy is a jerk, but why is this a news article?

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

To get more people to call him out on twitter?

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

fuck this guy

20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

If I had to put my finger on it, I would say that it is a news article because the lead singer of a band that was fairly popular in the music scene once exclusively covered by Jason Tate said something stupid about race and gender discrimination. I would further add that this particular fellow has a history of saying similar stupid things, but has claimed to have seen the error of his ways, which, of course he exposes as a lie with these comments.

Alternatively, I would say that it is a news article because Jason Tate said so.

21. Same reason anything is: I find it interesting/relevant/worth sharing, and wanna post about it.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

You can tell I get paid by the word. That's why my post was longer.

23. I've had years of experience honing that response down. ;-)

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

He's been a jerk since their inception. Glad more people know this now. Being from upstate ny, I'd run into him at shows, and his band local filled in at Dredg of all shows. He always walked around like an entitled prick.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

He does stuff like this all time. He did it like a year or two ago on the same topic then came back out to publically apologize for his remarks.

This will probably lead him into hibernation again for awhile and put another hold on their album. He's usually posting on and off and seeking helping. Or so he says.