Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tricot - 3 (May 17, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Feb 9, 2017.

1. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

BigMouth, Contender and felipecardel like this.
  2. This record is so close to coming out and I'm so excited. I just got their live DVD and their first record, "School Children and the Cosmo" in the mail from Japan, so I think this week is gonna be all about tricot. I hope they get bigger in the states, they need to do a North American tour stat (with Chon or maybe even Circa Survive? Just random thoughts)

Edit: That music video is typical greatness from them, but also that ending is so sad/funny.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. sukottokairu

Regular

where's the best place to order their live dvd? i imagine shipping could be expensive? i really want it though!

4. Here's their North American merch store: Merch | tricot

It wasn't horrible, I got the DVD and the record (plus shipping) all for around $65. The DVD made up the bulk of that cost (about $33). The record was like $16. So shipping must have been around $15-16. It did take a couple weeks to ship out but they gave me a tracking number.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bold statement.

7. True statement.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't know man, three sandwiches is a pretty great trio. Or a Tijuana Trio.

BigMouth likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Album is up on Spotify.

Simultaneously their catchiest and most challenging record.

BigMouth and coleslawed like this.
  10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh shit this is out today not Friday! Fuck me.

11. The album is great, only thing I would change is that I wish the rest of the songs were engineered and mixed the same way Pork Ginger and Setsuyakuka were because those mixes just sound a cut above. But what an angular, weird, catchy, and brilliant record.

12. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This is so good

topshelfsquad likes this.
  13. sukottokairu

Regular

a couple listens in and damn, this is amazing! there is polish and maturity to their songwriting but, it's still just as or more complex and experimental than ever, i'm so happy they are continuing to write great music and consistently putting out great albums! my only complaint really is re-using Setsuyakuka from the EP, not sure why they wanted to include that. no complaints on Pork Ginger though, even though that one was released as a single quite a while ago, it's one of my favorites and deserves to be on an album, and the intro is a nice touch! can't wait to dig into the details on this one, so many crazy arrangements!

14. about to listen, they're one of the most unique bands out there

topshelfsquad, CarpetElf and BigMouth like this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this album is still dope

BigMouth and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Hoping the reissues do well, I'm looking forward to the increased accessibility

17. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i have nowhere near enough money right now (i just bought those ATDI x Vans collab shoes) but i'm ordering both albums first thing next week

18. BigMouth Feb 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 3, 2018)
    I want to buy the represses but am a little concerned about how each album is just under 50 minutes of music squeezed onto a single LP... that usually doesn't go well. I wish I could hear them before I buy. Does anyone have 3 on vinyl and can vouch for its quality (they're all about the same length)?

19. cwhit

the one thing i will say is i can't imagine topshelf putting out a product that isn't tested and approved

20. That's my thought process also. I trust them way more on a vinyl pressing, than, say, Hopeless (still not forgiven after pressing The Greatest Generation on a single disk). Every Topshelf pressing I have is great. Still, it's a lot of loud music to shove onto 1 LP.

21. cwhit

oh yeah, i get the concern. but they absolutely know what they're doing. i imagine it'll be fine. as opposed to labels that push things out with no concern

22. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

everything sounded great to us on the tests. we used the plates that the band used on their pressings from Bakuretsu Records in Japan.

in new tricot news:

23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

One of the best labels!

Also... when did you guys sign Wild Honey? I went to college with the drummer and he always let's me know when they'll be in Chicago.

24. topshelfsquad

kevin duquette

we've been working with Wildhoney since about 2015 sometime I want to say? They're working on new music now which I'm very excited about!

25. cwhit

one of the best bands in baltimore