Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trent Reznor Talks with Vulture

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Trent Reznor recently sat down with Vulture:

I was bummed out by the result. It took the wind out of my sails as far as thinking of direct-to-customer as a sustainable business for a musician. In a way, that experience gave me a preemptive look at music today. You’re not making money from albums; instead they’re a vessel for making people aware of you. That’s what led me to thinking that a singular subscription service clearly is the only way this problem is going to be solved. If we can convert as many music fans as possible to the value of that, in a post-ownership world, it would be the best way to go.

2. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Definitely more interested in Reznor personally than the music NIN puts out, but this was a great interview. Pull quote after pull quote.

js977 and SlappinCups like this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Fuck, how I love this man. Found myself agreeing with so much of what he has to say. Actually really appreciated the pushback from the interviewer as well, and I think Trent did as well. This type of honesty is rare in the wastelands of the music industry.

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

xkcd: Standards

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  5. musicguy87 Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2017)
    musicguy87

Great read. The part where Trent talks about going to the store & purchasing an album & really diving into it, studying it-I loved that. To really spend time with it. Personally, I love doing that with music still. It'll never change. He's spot on with a lot of stuff in this article especially the future (sponsorships, steaming, EDM)

6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Trent rules

7. CSWAPPO

Regular

This was a awesome read! I'm always interested in what he has to say.