Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Trent Reznor Talks With the Guardian

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ben Beaumont-Thomas, interviewed Trent Reznor for The Guardian:

Aside from this flirtation with the devil, he and Ross describe it as a reflection on Trump’s America. “It feels like things are coming unhinged, socially and culturally,” says Reznor. “The rise of Trumpism, of tribalism; the celebration of stupidity. I’m ashamed, on a world stage, at what we must look like as a culture. It’s seeing life through the eyes of having four small kids – what are they coming into? And who am I in this world where it feels like every day the furniture got moved a bit while I slept?”

2. CSWAPPO

Regular

I'm ready for "Bad Witch"

3. Maverick

Trusted

Haha I like this quote:

How many Kanye West thinkpieces have the Guardian done in the last fucking month?” he asks. Er, a few. “The guy’s lost his fucking mind: that’s the thinkpiece. His record sucked, and that’s it. He has made great shit; he’s not in a great place right now.” So you’d like the conversation to be wider? “It would be nice, but there’s no appetite.”

CSWAPPO and warriorsam like this.
  4. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

This man gets better and better with age. That Kanye comment was spot on.

CSWAPPO likes this.