Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Astroworld Tragedy Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Official start of the new era

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Not sure how close this is to actually existing but I'll sub

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cactus by Travis Scott what haha

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Most likely gonna be a short film of some kind to go with the album like he did for Birds in the Trap. Both parties involved tend to have killer visuals so should be interesting

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. clichyporte

New Song

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Two new songs out now!

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Those 2 songs are better than everything else he’s put out.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  11. monkeytarget

That's a hot take if i ever heard one.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Escape Plan is fun but Mafia is pretty boring imo

13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

just listened to them again and I stand by it.

14. Have you heard... the rest of his discography?

15. Mafia is better but that could be cause I've been hearing Escape Plan for months

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

This is incredibly sad. I can’t imagine Coachella moving forward with him as a headliner.

Also, would it kill him to acknowledge his fans who passed away? Shocking how quiet he’s been.

Just saw the vid on Twitter where Travis is dancing on the platform and below him security and medics are doing CPR on multiple people. Fuck this guy.

Raku likes this.
  18. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I mean people crushing the people in the front is a pretty real thing, most of the people in the front at a Paramore show I was at had to get pulled out of the front row because they were getting injured. He's been pretty good about telling the crowd to help people and get medical help before but I expect this is something he deals with at every concert. Just really sad and insane how many people died. I'm sure he will say something about it

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Raku likes this.
  20. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I've seen him live, he would stop performing and say "somebody help that guy right there he's passing out" and point to him for the security people at several points in his set. So in my experience, yeah I'm serious. I don't remember anyone getting hurt or dying at lollapalooza?

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

What happened at Lollapalooza, and him stopping his sets and helping people who need medical attention in the crowd can and are both true.

He can have a history of encouraging unruly behavior at his sets and also care about people in the crowd who need medical help.

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

another first hand story about how bad it was

23. That’s absolutely horrifying. Jesus Christ.

Raku likes this.
  24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea how culpable Travis is in this situation, though we’ve seen that he has a history of inciting unruly crowds like McDonald’s during the pandemic. But I think some of these videos really overestimate how far a performer can see into the crowd, which is not far at all. What it does show is a complete lack of communication and infrastructure for security at a massive festival.

That camera guy should have been able to call in to someone to notify of them of a potential death. A system needed to be put in place in case this happened (The only reason I could see them not stopping it as an ambulance rolled through is fear of inciting a bigger mob and having a Woodstock ‘99 on their hands on top of everything).

The whole thing has to be the tipping point to completely re-evaluate security and when to stop a concert when something like this happens. It’s so sad that this occurred and the first-hand accounts are terrifying.