Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Scott Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Scott has dethroned Drake as the number one album in the country this week:

The set — which was released Aug. 3 via Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic Records — earned 537,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 9, according to Nielsen Music. Of that total, 270,000 were driven by traditional album sales — the second-biggest sales week of 2018.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Staggering numbers. I knew he was huge, but I didn't know he was that huge.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I guess I really under estimated this guy’s popularity.

4. giantSRH

Boss Hog Outlaw Prestigious

Good for him, for me Birds in the trap was a top album a couple years ago and i still listen to it fairly often. This doesn't resonate as much although there are some really good songs on there, mainly Carousel and Can't Say.

skogsraet likes this.
  5. somethingwitty

Trusted

The top 8 albums on the Billboard 200 are all hip hop...the first time in history that hip hop has claimed the top 8 spots on the chart. The other two spots in the top 10 are soundtracks (Greatest Showman and Mama Mia)...

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I had no idea he was THAT popular. Damn

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

He's a god to 18 year old bros

8. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Dethroned Drake but the highest charting song on the record features him.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. chilllll

Regular

both cds are epic!

10. chilllll

Regular

hiphop has easily become the biggest genre with the most innovative sound of this year - frankly the past couple years... hip hop has stolen all the attention because of how supportive the scene is to one another.