Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Scott - Astroworld (August 3, 2018) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Y’all that shit was crazy!

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

We need details

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Just your usual rowdy travis Scott show just with 50,000 people. His set was perfect.

Young Thug came out for Pick Up The Phone
    Nav did Biebs in the Trap
    Gunna for Yosemite
    Don Toliver for Can’t Say
    Swae Lee for RIP Screw

Felt bad during Wayne’s set cus he sounded pretty rough and after the 4th song most of his crowd walked off and went to the main stage and waited for Travis.

Merch was a mess, took people like 4 hours(no exaggeration) to finally get to choose something.

arewhyayein, riotspray and tdlyon like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Sounds insane. Can't wait for my show in 12 days

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Will probably be more organized since this was a festival. We didn’t get the full stage production here since it was outdoors but yeah it’s a pretty insane show. If you have GA try and stage dive cus those make the shows energy go way up haha.

tdlyon likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I do have GA lol. I've been trying to see Travis since basically the start of his career but for some reason or another (show gets cancelled, tour doesn't come around me, etc.) it hasn't happened until (hopefully) two weeks from now. I came very close when he was opening for Kendrick last year but he cancelled his set literally right when he was about to go on lol

7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

030D8A79-AAFD-406E-A628-62539A2B3740.jpeg
    This was the entrance

riotspray, airik625 and Contender like this.
  8. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

My friend was working the fest and thought Travis Scott was some country artist until yesterday haha. But he hooked me up with a vip ticket. Really fun, would go again. I feel like travis should get involved with day for night fest now that it's being sold... not that he needs to, I just think it would be a cool combo.

riotspray likes this.
  9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

From what I’m hearing.... some big company is taking it over and they’re just gonna throw some massive spring festival from now on.

10. arewhyayein

Regular Supporter

I thought that's what In Bloom fest was...
    I saw this: Notice of Public Sale of Former Owner Omar Afra’s Assets | Free Press Houston pop up a few days ago on facebook or twitter. I hope they don't make it another spring festival, but realistically they're probably just selling the rights to use that name? Idk. I guess it doesn't matter except DFN was really cool and I'd like to see it continue without that guy.

Anyways, if nothing else I'm glad Astroworld exists and I'm sure it'll be back.

Blainer93 likes this.
  11. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

The stuff I was told was right when the news of Omar came out, hopefully that changes and we get DFN because that was by far the dopest festival in this city.

I’m glad Omar finally had this come out against him. He had been doing sketchy stuff for a veryyyyyy long time and people had come out against him but it never went anywhere.

arewhyayein likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

13. SPine

Trusted

I am stoked for the Cleveland show next Tuesday. I'm the only one who got a floor ticket out of my friends. Will have to fend for myself in the pit.

riotspray likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm gonna be in the pit at the DC show tomorrow, so fucking stoked. Really excited to see Sheck Wes and Trippie Redd too actually

riotspray and Blainer93 like this.
  15. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Out of the 3 openers on the tour I really enjoyed Gunna’s set the most

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He's the one who I struggle to get into the most out of the openers but from everything I've heard Trippie Redd is pretty bad live. I still really enjoy some Gunna songs though (impossible not to being a huge Thugger fan lol). I'm really looking forward to all three, Mo Bamba is probably insane live too

17. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Oh yeah Trippie is atrocious haha.

Mo Bamba goes off live, people get real rowdy for that.

18. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

First Lorde/Kanye, now this... Didn't Joey Jordison use a similar drum set up years ago?

20. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, he called out Joey back then too haha.

riotspray likes this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Haha. Makes sense.

I guess nothing ever really came of it?

22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Naw, there’s nothing tommy can do really.

He is the OG of a lot of crazy drum sets and live production with Motley Crue but he’s pretty much the old man screaming at young kids on social media all the time.

riotspray likes this.
  23. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

His beef is probably with the company at this point

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The show tonight was fucking insane, my voice is gone. I was right by the stage and he was so close and we definitely were rapping at each other at least twice lol. Setlist was great, stage production was phenomenal and he's such an amazing live performer, so much energy but still raps everything perfectly. Openers were really fun too (although like we were discussing Trippie Redd is really bad live lol)

I went to 25 concerts in 2018 and this was easily top 3

Blainer93 likes this.
  25. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t wait to see the arena show here next year. Leg two is happening in the spring.