Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Teams Up With Shaun White

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Barker has teamed up with Olympian Shaun White for the inaugural Air + Style qualifier event and free concert at Bear Mountain this weekend:

White has tapped his friend and Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker to play the gig on Saturday, Jan. 6, there will also be more than 50 snowboarders testing out their rail riding skills. Registration is open and free to the first 50 riders who sign up the day of the event.

2. bransco2010

isn’t Shaun White the guy who sexually harassed the drummer in his band for like, 7 years?

3. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Saw them live, that's been proven to be horseshit. I was in Lena's corner until it was completely invalidated.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Shaun is online pal of mine, so I take offense to slanderous accusations. He's not some fuck like Lauer, O'Reilly, or Franken. Do not let his name be tainted.

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Googling around only turns up articles about the case being settled. Doesn’t seem to be debunked in any way, except for your friend saying it’s “bogus.”

coleslawed likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

holding a rail jam as a qualifier for a big air comp makes zero sense.

7. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

A case can be settled out of court, that doesn't mean Shaun is necessarily guilty. And if he is the monster you make him out to be, why is he in about 12 different PyeongChang commercials a day?

8. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

This is Shaun's reply. It is very dangerous to believe Lena. She knows she can milk Shaun for all he's worth. And if you read deeper into their allegations, they're simply blasphemous.

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

He's also a two time Olympic gold medalist, but I guess you didn't know that.

10. personalmaps

Sorry man, I don’t take your opinions seriously because you’re the guy who found my twitter to call me an ugly feminist that no man would ever want. Was hoping maybe a few years would help your views, but obviously not. Abusers usually continue to have careers. I don’t care about his gold medals. I also never called him a monster, I said I couldn’t find anything abt this other than him calling it bullshit...which is what most abusers do. Your friends can be bad people and are capable of doing wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

Joe4th and coleslawed like this.
  11. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

When did I do that? I generally respect your opinions, and not defending myself but I was in a very dark place for a long time, I was ready to strike like a snake at anything I perceived as threatening. Do you have a screenshot? Jeez, I really am sorry Kayla. Trust me, I didn't mean it if I said it.

12. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

But have you considered that Lena knows she could get MILLIONS from him if she could convince a jury? There's definitely a motive for her to accuse Mr. White. Don't take everything at face value.

13. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

haha right? They're two totally different styles of boarding.

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

because he is a widely recognized figure that the Olympic committee is using in hopes of getting more viewers.
    plenty of successful athletes are monsters in their personal lives.

15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

But there is simply no proof! Put yourself in his shoes. There's no conspiracy among the Olympic community, violate their code of conduct and an athlete will be banned for life. From your comments you seem to have already condemned Shaun White. A monster? Hardly.

16. personalmaps

Struggling to find a single time you have ever once respected my opinion.

Ooh fun bonus, the time you also found my Facebook to tell me you don’t like me:

Maybe it’s time to seriously examine your feelings about women, pal.

17. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

In honor of one of the greatest dunks Chorus has seen

coleslawed, skogsraet, Robk and 2 others like this.
  18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Like I said, I apologize. I would take all those back if I could. If you knew me, you would know that I have great respect for women. I'm not a rapist, I don't take advantage of anyone and never would. Visit a college campus and you will see how little respect men have for women. I've had my face rubbed in the mud on Twitter and Chorus, and have been on the receiving end of harassment from women as well. You are not the only one to have been slandered, and again I'm sick that I did that. I don't expect to be forgiven, just try to understand I wasn't in my right mind.

19. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

And how did I use Facebook to insult you? You've attacked me, I have the right to my opinions. I'm not sure how my tweet about men starting bands is wrong.

20. jfc enough of this shit