Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Talks With Radio X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Barker was on Radio X this morning talking about Blink-182 and the band’s new single “Bored to Death.” He talks about having no “bad blood” with Tom DeLonge and that the label were the ones that picked the first single. He described the album as a mix between Enema of the State and Untitled. The full audio can be found below.

2. dubey

Regular

This is going to sound amazing

3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Count me in!

4. dzyjay

Regular

Can't wait!

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Travis must be one really cool dude. To go from saying all the shit he did about Tom, that I'm sure was true, to saying there's no beef between them and he just wants him happy. That's mature as hell which is rare to see in a musicians who are as big as Barker.

Cola. likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm really hoping the band gets experimental with Skiba. I would love some songs to have a touch of Crimson-esque sounds to it. I think it would be interesting to say the least.

Anyways

Untitled is probably forever their best record but that would be insane if California could be their second best.

Cola. and carlosonthedrums like this.
  7. atomiccounty

Regular

Crimson is such an underrated record.

8. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This just in, band hypes up new album by telling fans it sounds like albums they love.

I'm skeptical. I would love to blame Tom for how boring the last two releases were, but we'll see. The new song does sound very much like +44, which is nice. I'll be listening for sure but it will take a hell of an album for them to return to their glory days this late in the game.

9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

tbh i was never expecting to be THIS excited for a new blink 182 w/o tom, but after bored to death and all these interviews i couldn't be any more stoked for this record. fuckin' 2016 man. i anticipated neighborhoods but this cycle feels even more exciting.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love that record so much. It's my favorite of theirs next to Infirmary.

11. Jake Z

Regular

More great news. Why does July 1 have to be so far away?

12. atomiccounty

Regular

Infirmary was defeintely what got me into them but I probably listen to Crimson now more as an adult.

Cola. and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Very excited about this. I thought Neighborhoods would grow on me with time but it never did. There are a few songs there I like to go back to but I just can't throw it on and listen straight through.