Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Replaced His Bad Addictions With Good Ones

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Barker of Blink-182 wrote in Runners World about how important exercise is to him:

I’ve been sober since the accident, but I’ve replaced all of my bad addictions with good ones. Now, I get high off running.

I just love running. It makes me feel like I can conquer anything that comes at me. I’m never tapped out. I’m never tired around my two kids. I owe a lot of that to running.

Dirty Sanchez and truelovewaits like this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I apparently need to start running. I have 3 boys, so I get tired pretty easily!

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

endorphins rule...I have 4 kids and it works

4. Ferrari333SP Jun 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2017)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Really awesome to hear; I've been running all my life, with the last couple of years running with a local running club, and it's one of the things I really look forward to every week. The more you run, the more general energy you have for everything in life

bradsonemanband and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Dooo itttt; no matter how fast you run, just getting into a habit of running will be really beneficial. You'll slowly start to feel healthier and have more energy for everything. It's a win-win

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Lost all my weight because of running, the only downside is it's terrible for your knees long term.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

This is 100% true. I'm a more energized human since I started running last year. I also don't do soda anymore so that too helps(maybe 1 every 1-2 months on special occasions). It's the only exercise I do along with biking.

I'm about to head to the park now and put in some miles.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  8. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

Yeah, I run all the time, and the knee thing really becomes an issue once you hit your 30s

9. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Really wish I was the type of guy who can enjoy running but I just absolutely hate it. I do weights as my fitness 'thing' but it always leaves me completely devoid of any energy. I'm interested in yoga/pilates though so soon enough I will start that for energy I think!

10. DooDooBird

Trusted

I tried running a couple years ago. It had me feeling pretty good. More energy. More positive vibes. But my achilles took their toll and I got tendonitis after a few weeks. Man, that sucked so bad... couldn't walk for about a week.

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I recommend mountain biking if you're not a fan of running. I just started going with coworkers and it literally gets your heart popping out of your chest, and it's pretty rewarding. The downhill is an absolute blast too.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't work out. I just feel amazing afterwards.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. what is this "working out" that i've been reading so much about? haha. i walk at least 30 minutes a day. that's about the only exercise i get, but it doesn't make me very energized.

SlappinCups likes this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I do variations of lifting routines 3 days a week for the majority of my exercise, but needed to start doing more cardio. I hated running and started playing basketball and swimming instead and found that far more enjoyable. But my dad and brother run 10ks and stuff and I've been wanting to join them recently so I should start training for that soon.

15. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

This is such a cool and positive thing ^_^

16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm so jealous of people that get this feeling from running.

Running makes me feel like I want to die.

17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I type 120 words per minute, and I work on my computer all day. My fingers are jacked.

I couldn't agree more. Absolutely hate running. Tennis is the only way I do any running.

truelovewaits likes this.
  18. Hahaha, i'm right there with you. I type all day on a computer and play guitar all night. WA-POW!!!!

truelovewaits likes this.