Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker, John Feldmann, and Jason Butler Talk The Fever 333

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Forbes (sorry for having to link to this user hostile website) sat down with Travis Barker, John Feldmann, and Jason Butler to talk about The Fever 333 and their upcoming music, label, and more:

This is the first and only interview that Barker, Feldmann and The Fever 333 have done collectively. With their debut EP being released this Friday, here, in their words, Barker, Feldmann and the trio reveal all.

And:

I stayed close to Jason, then when Jason was working at Shinola in Venice selling watches he came to the house and had a come to Jesus talk with me. “What do I do?” So I kind of filed it away in the back of my mind. Three months later Travis and I signed a couple of pop/punk bands and we started developing stuff together. It came to the forefront, Jason Aalon is the greatest frontman probably still relevant, but he is working at a watch store.

There’s lots of new information about this project and how it came together in here.

kwilcox likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Forbes definitely wins the most annoying site award

3. So cool seeing Jason's success. Used to BMX and skate with him back in the day in Westchester. Played a couple shows with LetLive before they blew up.

Kingjohn_654 and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. strangeterrain

Regular

Giving an exclusive interview to Forbes sure seems counter to this band's whole mission :sly:

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If you're interested in The Fever 333 you should check out Aric Importa's discussion with Ray Harkins (Taken) on the 100 Words or Less podcast that came out a few weeks ago. He talks about growing up with Jayson and touring with Letlive while in Night Verses. It'll be an hour of your time well spent.

kwilcox likes this.
  6. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

It blows my mind that I read the words Night Verses, letlive and The Chariot in a Forbes article.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  7. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Let Live.

Did nobody do any research for this?

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  8. foomanfat

Regular

I was confused seeing these guys getting so much attention so quickly, then I started seeing Travis Barker and John Feldmann on instagram posts. Can't begrudge them such a crazy opportunity, though. Couldn't happen to better dudes.

9. atlas

Trusted

for real. full of grammatical errors/weird to read sentences as well

10. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

This is a cool little interview.

I'd love to know why the rest of letlive turned down that opportunity from Feldy back in the day.

11. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Definitely excited to hear what these guys have come up with.

12. buckcheeks

Regular

Walking in My Shoes sounds like what a lot of people wanted out of Letlive’s new album.

I love it. And I loved Letlive’s last album as well.

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Does that website not have a copy editor? Holy hell it's a mess to read.

Justice Beaver likes this.
  14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I guess they figured letlive would fall victim to the "young band on major label gets put on the shelf" ordeal.

15. atlas

Trusted

That, or they didn't want Feldmann to do to them what Feldmann usually does to bands

16. TerrancePryor

Which is....?

17. atlas

Trusted

I mean, you really just gotta look at his production credits the last 8 years or so

David Parke likes this.
  18. defmytones

Regular

Would LOVE to hear that Letlive song they did with Feldmann. RIP.

I’m excited for their future, but I personally feel without the aid of Barker and Feldmann this would not be reaching the audience it’s getting. Heard “Walking In My Shoes” on Sirius the other day and so far that’s been the most promising thing released from them.

19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, they were probably afraid of becoming popular.

(I kid!)

20. Couldn’t of made an album’s sound worse than those letlive albums tho ...

21. irthesteve

I dream about how great Blackest Beautiful would have been with good production

22. TerrancePryor

We got this, though. That's good, right? Crisp!

23. irthesteve

we never actually got downloads for these though huh, just YouTube???

24. TerrancePryor

No! I think it was supposed to be a full remix album, but they scrapped those plans for some reason.

25. Stevie

Regular

The way this is being packaged really reminds me of the way AVA was put together/announced. Not exactly the same just getting similar vibes. Feels a bit "manufactured" to me.. Will listen none the less.