Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travie McCoy – “Loved Me Back to Life” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travie McCoy has returned with a video for the new song “Loved Me Back to Life.”

Travie McCoy has released the new song and music video for “Loved Me Back To Life”, which is premiering now on Facebook through at this link: www.smarturl.it/LMBTLVideo

Fans will notice some familiar faces as the video features cameos from Zach Holmes (Zackass), GaTa(from FXX's Dave), Toby Morse (H2O, Hazen Street), Wes Period, and Chad Tepper. 

"It’s a song about finding your twin flame after years of failed relationship,” says Travie about “Loved Me Back To Life”. “You start to grow more and more cold and detached when you begin to think you may die alone. I’m a true believer that there is someone out there for EVERYONE but it took a very long time and lots of broken hearts to come to that realization. This song is for my second half.” 

Stream “Loved Me Back To Life” here: www.smarturl.it/LovedMeBackToLife

The single follows “A Spoonful Of Cinnamon”, released in June, which was the introduction to the most honest, unpretentious, devastatingly powerful music of Travie’s career. He writes about his battles with bi-polar disorder and drug addiction, his heartbreak and devastation with the loss of loved ones, including his grandfather, and his emergence from a shell of a person into a full-fledged human ready to follow his dreams and his heart. Stream the song here and watch the music video here.

Growing up as a bi-racial kid in Geneva, NY, he grew up loving hardcore and punk rock, along with hip hop and R&B, and instead of choosing one lane, he created a genre-bending sound that changed what modern alternative and pop looked like. He formed Gym Class Heroes, a group that found a community in the alternative/punk space, but shot into the mainstream with hits like the 3x Platinum “Cupid’s Chokehold” and “Stereo Hearts.” But as a solo artist, he hit new heights, and jump-started the careers of a number of up and coming artists, with songs like the 4x Platinum, “Billionaire ft. Bruno Mars.”  

Travie was recently a guest on the popular podcast ‘No Jumper’, where he dove into detail about his past addictions, inspirations, and upcoming new music. Fans can check it out here: https://youtu.be/1Jg8x-dJTJ0

With his signing to the powerhouse independent label, Hopeless Records, Travie McCoy is ready to be in control of his life and career, however vulnerable and scary that may feel. Having come out on the other side, Travie wants to share his story with the world, “Being myself and completely transparent throughout my entire career hopefully inspires everyone to do exactly the same. Hopefully all the trials and tribulations that I went through helped pave the way for the next generation.”
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

I was wondering where has he been. The song has all the elements but I don’t care for that vocal effect. But I’m looking forward to new music from him.

3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

yeah, the song is just kind of "meh", but good to see him working on stuff again!

RaginCajun likes this.