Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travel • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Deborah Remus

Former Staffer

Have fun in Colorado! If I could move there I would. Rocky Mountain National Park is only 2 hours north of Denver and is a great place to experience the mountains, but there's lots of options and you can't really go wrong with any of them. If you're not really into hiking driving up Mount Evans is pretty cool too.

2. Tom Lee

Regular

I was supposed to come to New York to work over the summer (from the UK) but my job offer got withdrawn because of crap on my recent medical history regarding mental health, which sucks ass so much.

I spent February doing a workaway in Paris, which was wonderful. Also, it was great because I managed to book a £1 Megabus from London to Paris. I love budget travelling.

3. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

Has anyone been to Reserva Conchal in Costa Rica

4. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

My boyfriend and I are headed to California in June to stay a few days with a friend in San Diego, then drive up to San Francisco and catch a couple Asian Man Records 20th anniversary shows there. Anyone have any recommendations for where to stop/what to see between SD and SF?

5. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

Travel is part of my job so I just got back from san diego and leave for florida in a few weeks.
    Since January I've been to Tahoe, LA, Austin, and, San Antonio.

Haven't had a real vacation since Vermont in November.

6. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I really need to find a job where I can travel frequently.

7. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Heading to San Francisco for a week with my family in June for my grandma's 90th.

muttley likes this.
  8. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

I'll be in Chicago and San Antonio for a couple of gigs this coming week, and potentially New Zealand for a couple weeks next month if all goes well for another gig. That should be pretty exciting.

muttley likes this.
  9. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Wellington, as well as everything else that I've heard of in New Zealand, looks dope.

10. Checkered

Regular

Beautiful scenery in NZ.

Also for the few that mentioned going to Asia, I've done a handful of countries and far and away the best was Cambodia. Incredible place and ridiculously cheap too.

11. eight30

Regular

Heading to St. Thomas at the end of August. I loved Newport Beach and LA and I want to go back to California soon. Being in FL I've been all around the state but St. Augustine is my absolute favorite place.

12. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to the gig. From the sound of it, looks like it'll end up being a week and a half/two week tour of New Zealand. So I'll hopefully get to see a lot.

And Cambodia is pretty high on my list of things to see still. Spent a few months in Malaysia last year for work and get to see a lot of cool temples and virgin beach/islands while I was there.

Living in Florida, I'm surprised I've yet to visit St. Augustine. I really need to get on that.

13. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

so im heading to pittsburgh next week for BWM fest, can anyone recommend any dope vegetarian places to eat?

14. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Going to the Philippines to visit family over the summer, really looking forward to it.

15. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Nothing out of the ordinary, but I make a point to go to Vegas every summer. Just booked my next trip (#7) for the middle of May.

16. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Staying stateside this year (wife and I do an international trip every other year). Going to Chicago and Cleveland. Both places we've been but absolutely loved.

17. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

Wonder why? Sounds like a dream getaway.

18. satelliteskin

ok

I don't have anything planned at the moment but I've been seriously thinking about a trip to Cuba. My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. we're all born/immigrated from there and, although it'll be difficult to experience, I'm eager to see where they came from

Has anyone gone?

19. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I've already posted this another thread, but I am traveling to Iceland in June. I'm going solo, and on one of the five days I'll be there, I'll be going on a ~six hour hike through the Fimmvörðuháls. I'm also looking into renting a car for a day or two so I can explore outside of the city on my own. I'll probably skip the Blue Lagoon unless any of you think it's imperative that I go. If any of you have recommendations, please let me know.

20. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I'd be intrigued to see how your trip goes. My wife and I are road tripping around Scotland next year but Iceland has come up in the past. Would be awesome to do as part of a larger trip

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Going to Nashville for a gig tomorrow. Any must-hit spots?

22. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

There's a bakery in East Nashville called Yeast that makes the BEST kolaches (kind of like fat danishes) in the world.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Never been out the country yet but one of my bucket list places I really wanna check out is Iceland

24. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Check out Chronic Therapy in Wheatridge area of Denver. Best dispensary I went to when I was there.

25. xstatesandminds

i'm from the UK and i'll be travelling some of california, arizona, and visiting vegas in the summer! last summer i visited orlando, dc, new york, and boston!