Travel • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by muttley, Mar 17, 2016.

1. fastlife

Regular Prestigious

That’s so awesome. Where ya visiting?

Travelled solo for the first time last year and it was the best. Loved having no schedule and just doing whatever I felt like doing that day.

waking season and Ken like this.
  2. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

Barcelona. I wanted to go somewhere I’d already been to get my sea legs, if ya will.

I booked little things here and there, but left most of the trip up to the whim. Walked for an hour along the beach today just because I could.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I love traveling solo. It can definitely get lonely at times but I love being able to just wander and see the things I want to see. Enjoy your trip!

ChiliTacos, Garrett L. and jorbjorb like this.
  4. popdisaster00

If anyone can dream then I can Moderator

I'm going to Paris for a week this fall and I need to book a hotel. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't even know where to start.

5. Fronnyfron

Dayz Up Prestigious

@popdisaster00

We stayed at Le Regent Montmartre and enjoyed it. Very short walk to a metro station, an easy walk to the major train hubs, and away from the most congested areas. Paris is pretty massive so no matter where you stay it will be impossible to see everything in a week.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. St. Nate Jul 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    St. Nate

We were just talkin' bout the Jesus. Prestigious

Doing a little 4 day weekend trip with my gf starting tomorrow.

Flying into Phoenix then going up to the Grand Canyon. On the way we got a list of things to check out like Fossil Creek, Red Rock, Devil's Bridge, Slide Rock, then the Ariana Grande Canyon itself.

Anyone have any other ideas or tips while I'm there?

7. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Sedona and Flagstaff are really cool towns. I haven't been out to Ariana in over a decade, so my knowledge of that area is a little rusty. Scottsdale/Phoenix has arguably the best pizza in the country if you're into that sort of thing.

St. Nate, K0ta and jorbjorb like this.
  8. ncarrab

Trusted

Anyone ever go to Postcard Inn On The Beach in St. Pete Florida?

My wife and I just booked a 4-day stay for September.

Ken likes this.
  9. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

[​IMG]

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Trusted

Is that where that movie was filmed? haha

GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  11. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

I don't know about the hotel haha, but St. Pete, yes.

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. K0ta

Trusted

I have a concert in Silver Springs, MD tomorrow and then I am heading down to NC the next day. I feel like I should travel at least past DC so I don't have to deal with that on Saturday morning and then get a hotel somewhere in Virginia. Anybody with advice on this/suggestions for a place?

Ken likes this.
  13. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

I've stayed at a really cool Marriott in National Harbor, on the southside of DC. Good walkability with places to drink and eat.
    AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area

If you want to go much further, Fredericksburg or Richmond would be good places to stop in VA.

DC itself is a really cool city to stay in, with so much to do, but I don't blame you for wanting to get past that traffic.

K0ta likes this.
  14. K0ta

Trusted

I'd love to check DC out but I have to be at another concert in NC that night so I don't have time to make a day of it. Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into those cities!

Ken likes this.
  15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

How is Sedona? My high school friend and his fiancé are getting married down there in September, so I might be venturing down for a weekend then. Thing is he literally just told me a week and a half ago. So I am still pricing out expenses to see if I can afford it

K0ta and Ken like this.
  16. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Sedona is absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous, really. A lot of great hiking. A cool small town, good restaurants and some breweries too. Plus Phoenix and Flagstaff aren't that far away, which are worth checking out as well.

GrantCloud and K0ta like this.
  17. K0ta

Trusted

My friend showed me pictures from her trip there last year and I was totally floored, it really looks stunning.

Ken likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Trusted Prestigious

so arizona has the best pizza in the states? Ive never heard that. which places?

GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  19. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Haha I did say arguably. Pizzeria Bianco is the main one. Pizzeria Bianco — BIANCO

Lamp and Pomo are really good.

I've heard good things about Cibo, Spinato's, Forno, and Craft 64.

There's some Chicago & NY transplants too like Lou Malnati's and Grimaldi's.

It really is an outstanding pizza scene.

GrantCloud and Your Milkshake like this.
  20. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

Your Milkshake likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah we would fly into Phoenix, and rent a car. Tickets aren’t too expensive it seems from here so definitely considering it.

Ken likes this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Trusted Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  23. Ken

Entrusted Supporter

do it!

do it!

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Garrett L.

Moderator Moderator

In 53 days I’ll finally be back in Italy

waking season and Ken like this.
  25. personalmaps

guppy Supporter

If anyone has recommendations for places to eat or sights to see in any of these places, I’d love to hear them! Would also love to meet any Chorus ppl.

- Oxford, UK
    - San Francisco
    - Santa Clara